Golf Course Ranger, Part Time
We're hiring a Part Time Golf Course Ranger for Centennial Park Golf Course!
Whether you’re just kickstarting your career or have a long-standing passion for customer service and working with people, there’s an exciting new opportunity for you at Centennial Park. Gain first-hand, in-depth customer service experience and engage with outdoorsmen from all over. Whether you’re in need of a part-time side hustle or just starting out, this is the perfect opportunity to seize the moment and develop lasting skills and relationships.
Ideal candidates are friendly and organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. Golf Course Starters provide guest services by guiding players to the first tee at appropriate times and controlling a smooth pace of play on the golf course. Beginners are welcome – while knowledge of golf is preferred, previous Golf Course Starting experience is not required for the position.
Ideal candidates have flexible schedules with availability to work weekends, holidays, and golf season, as needed.
Our team has made a conscious effort to ensure strong protocols are in place to keep you and our patrons safe, on and off the course, so you can focus on the customer experience, camaraderie, and course management.
For more information on our open opportunities, apply today!
- Maintain professional appearance
- Provides information regarding the golf course, play time and other golf-related inquiries
- Provides excellent customer service to arriving guests, expediting the check‐in process
- Verifies all revenues have been properly recorded through receipt inspection before starting a game
- Keeps golf shop personnel informed regarding pace of play based off of the first tee
- Supplies guests with scorecards, pencils and other items as needed
- Advises guests of course conditions and expected pace of play
- Implement and support all course policies and programs as communicated by management
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have a valid driver’s license (if driving golf carts or range equipment)
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Must have friendly personality and enjoy working with the public
- Organized, able to work well in fast paced environment
- Must have strong customer/guest orientation
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be dependable
- Knowledge about the game of golf preferred
- While performing the required duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with arms and hands
- The employee often is required to walk, stand, talk or hear, handle, feel or operate objects
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30lbs occasionally
- The employee will occasionally be required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception
- Moderate exposure to extreme cold, heat, working outdoors, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards
- Noise level is moderately quiet
- Work extended hours during golf and holiday season
- Work weekends and holidays
INDIGO is one of the largest owner-operator of golf courses, country clubs and resorts nationwide. We work hard and play hard. From pizza parties to bowling nights, to a company softball team and golf outings, there’s always something going on. Happy employees are productive employees, and what stands out is the pure joy and pride our team commits to its work. We are family – The Indigo Family. Join the family and learn more at https://www.indigogolf.com.