The Research, Development and Engineering internship will expand our capabilities in understanding and evaluating manufactured parts compared to intended designs, focused on advanced research and development and bringing our testing and reporting methods into the modern era.The project will leverage collected data in a more efficient and unique way to propel TaylorMade’s business forward. Data, whether physical or CAD measurements, test result or decisions being made is critical for modern business and we will have you focus on data extraction, collection, storage, reporting and modeling for our products fitting, measurement and performance.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Inspection of physical parts in a lab environment through multiple measurement methods
- Programming to manipulate, store, and report data; including compiled applications used by others
- Techniques / processes to include, but not limited to, 3D scanning, fixture design, and surface inspection
- Exploration into modern measurement techniques and technology including communication with vendors
- Review of research publications to determine state of the art and best practices
- Proper documentation, storage, and reporting of pertinent data
Knowledge Skills Required:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical, reasoning, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work across teams including global cross-functional teams, and manage priorities to accomplish multiple tasks
- Passion for sports required, with passion/interest/knowledge for golf strongly preferred
- Expertise in programming (Python and MATLAB preferred), databases and statistical analysis
- Practical knowledge and experience in experimental data collection and measurement techniques
- Curiosity and desire to solve challenging and unique problems with efficiency
- Familiarity with 3D scanning and surface inspection, prior experience with CAD (CREO preferred)
- Undergraduate, completed junior or senior year of Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Pay rate: $20.00 per hour
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.