The Golf Ball Engineering internship will analyze and improve the criteria the Golf Ball Engineering Team uses for determining defective golf ball products and how these defective products are handled within our supply chain.This can include updating our Global Cosmetic standards used throughout our supply change and implementing a new performance metric for measuring and reporting out spectrophotometer color measurement data.Also, this internship will help the Engineering team develop new specification formats, verify information in these key documents, and finally upload the documents to a new a new specification document management database being evaluated.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Analyzing and uploading production data in manufacturing data analytic software, as well as creating and setting up new tools for the Golf Ball Engineering team to use for analyzing/reporting future production.
- Working in the Ball Lab and running test machines to gain an understanding and hands-on experience of how the data is generated.
- Communicating with Golf Ball Engineering team and vendors in Asia to report out findings or observations via global cosmetic standards.
- Learn where the gaps are in our specification documentation and provide input into the application and usage of a new specification document management system.
Knowledge Skills Required:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical, reasoning, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work across teams including global cross-functional teams, and manage priorities to accomplish multiple tasks
- Passion for sports required, with passion/interest/knowledge for golf strongly preferred
- Classroom knowledge of manufacturing is preferred
- Basic understanding of statistics is preferred
- Undergraduate, completed junior or senior year of Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Quality Engineering
Pay rate: $20.00 per hour
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.