Sanctuary Lake Golf Course is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of part-time Starter. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused in providing superior service.
The Starter is a integral to the guest experience and are important staff members on the golf operations team. Starters will provide guest services by guiding players to the first tee at appropriate times and controlling a smooth pace of play on the golf course. They will also provide other guest services in the form of communication, directions, advice and answer questions from guests on other topics related to the golf course.
• Ability to show up on time and ready to work.
• Friendly, willing to work hard and a team player.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
• Attention to detail, initiative and enthusiasm required.
• Able to work independently.
• Service and customer focused attitude.
• Maintain and promote a positive and professional image to all guest and employees as a representative of Sanctuary Lake and Troon.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a good pace of play.
• Assist guest with course knowledge and directions.
• Communicate with the team.
• Gets the groups started off the first tee on time while conveying the pace/course expectations. (receipts, time of start, cart numbers, turn time, suggestions to improve speed of play)
• Treats all guest and employees with respect, greets guests with a smile.
• The ability to handle any issues that may arise.
Other possible duties include:
• Clean and detail carts for next group/next day.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
• Perform reasonable tasks assigned by management.
The Responsibilities listed above will be performed daily, but are not limited. You may be asked to perform a task that is not listed.