Brickshire Golf Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity for a Director of Golf. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing exceptional service.
Compensation: $60-70K annually BOE + 100% of Lessons AND additional Commission based off of Membership sales
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Golf:
- Oversees golf operations including tournaments, rules, tee sheet activity, merchandise inventory, range operations, player service operations, cart fleet.
- Assists in the development and day to day tracking of the budget and business plan. Helps to control expenses in relation to revenues.
- Creates a member service-oriented atmosphere that promotes the game of golf and meets the needs of the members. Ensures that associates provide a high level of customer service.
- Works closely with club management on a daily basis to ensure timely communication and to establish good working relationships.
- Prepares work schedules and assigns associates areas of responsibility.
- Performs payroll tasks as scheduled and makes adjustments prior to submitting to payroll. Monitors hours to maximize productivity and minimize overtime.
- Provides leadership and vision to golf staff, building people, and preparing them for career advancement.
- Provide golf instruction through lessons and clinics to members and guests.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant and Associate Golf Professionals, Teaching Professionals, Golf Operations Manager, and Guest Services Attendants.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve member satisfaction.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Requirements for the Director of Golf:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be PGA member or have completed Level II of the PGM program
- Experience with computerized POS and tee time system.
Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world’s largest professional club management company. We offer careers around the world at all levels of golf operations, opportunities for professional development, growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Our goal is to create extraordinary guest and member experiences through personalized service, consistency, and uncompromising attention to detail. For more information about the Troon Experience, please visit https://www.troon.com/.