Assist the Head Golf Professional in the overall management of the golf operation. This will include but is not limited to the management of the golf service team, practice range, cart staff, and starter staff. Foster the Pronghorn Club service standards as the 1st touch point for our members and guests. It will be expected we develop proper and professional relationships with our members, resort guests and vendors alike for long term success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Staff Hiring and Training
- Work closely with the Head Golf Professional, and our HR team in the hiring of our outside service staff
- Work closely with the Head Golf Professional on all aspects of training.
- Develop a service culture through training
- Direct and train the seasonal staff and team in all aspects of the outside service tasks.
- Constant delivery of the core standards through our training efforts.
- Management of the outside service staff on a daily basis
- Work closely with the Head Golf Professional to foster an excellent culture and service oriented mind set. Ensuring service standards are met, staff held accountable.
- Daily uniform checks
- Radio ear pieces worn by all staff
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of all outside areas.
- Parking lot, driving range, first tee areas, short game areas, and back of the house areas.
- Golf Cart Operation
- Direct and maintain the operations of daily cart storage, cleaning, and rotation.
- Daily perfection of the golf carts set-up and cleanliness.
- Stay in communication with mechanics team to ensure all assets are in good working order. These assets include: golf fleet carts, private carts, phat bikes, and the range picker
- Reporting to Head Golf Professional for all cart repairs and damage.
Other Essential Duties
- Foster a positive and healthy culture consistent with the facility and golf operations goals and initiatives.
- Create an atmosphere of professionalism consistent with the Pronghorn Club Core Standards.
- Provide leadership in delivery of service excellence.
- Offer friendly greetings with systems in place to assure member name recognition as a critical element by all staff members.
- Assist with all aspects of group outings and tournaments.
- Be fully capable and comfortable to step in and schedule when needed with the Golf Shop golf check-in procedures.
- Able to effectively handle multiple tasks
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Maintains a professional standard at Pronghorn Club to include but not limited to appearance, interaction with members, associates, guests of the club, verbal discussions and written correspondence.
- Does not discus work related issues with members and guests.
- Supports and adheres to the CORE Values, Brand Pillars, The Mission Statement, Service Fundamentals, and Guest Service Philosophy as defined by the Company.
- Maintain a positive attitude and flexibility to take on new and different tasks as assigned by the Head Golf Professional
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A keen knowledge of the golf industry, able to make golf reservations and have a solid understanding of tournament operations.
Must have the ability to relate to members and their guests in a clear professional manner. Always display appropriate etiquette and business manners befitting a five star service environment. Ability to create legible and accurate reports and business correspondence to include SOP’s.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
This position currently supervises all Golf Outside Supervisors, Golf Outside Attendants, Starters
May vary from inside 100% of a daily shift, to outside 100% of a daily shift, or any blended combination thereof, based on Golf business requirements