This position is responsible for supervising the Cresting/Embroidery, Returns and Forward Pick operations. They will be responsible for ensuring their teams are meeting production quality standards, on-time processing, and other KPI metrics. This position will coordinate with other internal counterparts in the warehouse and at our Carlsbad headquarters (e.g. Production, Planning and Materials Planning teams) in order to delivery quality service as efficiently as possible. This position reports to the Manager Warehouse Fulfillment.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Supervise the pick and pack process for forward pick module of various product lines (primarily apparel and footwear).
- Set and monitor daily rates, maintaining optimal performance and flow-through operation.
- Supervise operators and equipment in assigned areas (Embroidery, Returns, Forward Pick), ensuring they meet expected standards of work, including established rates, organization/neatness of the work area and other daily 5S standards.
- Partner closely with other supervisors/managers in the facility to create labor utilization plans to optimize pick rates and meet on time to promise metrics.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement; proactively identify process enhancement and efficiency opportunities.
- Coordinate with warehouse team to ensure staffing and capacity in the production area matches the required workflow.
- Ensure that embroidery and returns processes are defined and understood by the production team; train team members on processes and adequate standards when needed.
- Leads, builds, develops, and motivates a strong team of individuals to perform at the highest level; facilitates and fosters a continuous learning and collaboration environment within the team.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse WMS system.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring the integrity of documentation and order preparation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to accurately assess talent and effectively motivate and influence others to build skills, efficiently accomplish tasks, and develop leading edge processes.
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelors degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a high-throughput, consumer goods warehouse environment (>1M annual units)
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory/people management role.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Primarily warehouse environment; exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, extreme temperatures.
- Ability to stoop, climb, bend and reach.
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary.
- Able to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption.
- Moderate physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of materials up to 50lbs
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.