The USGA is a mission-based nonprofit organization whose purpose is to unify the game, showcase the best talent in golf, provide impartial governance and advance our impact on critical issues such as sustainability, accessibility and inclusion. We conduct the U.S. Open, the U.S. Women’s Open and 13 other national championships at America’s iconic golf venues. The USGA’s headquarters is located in Liberty Corner, N.J., with a new satellite Golf House Pinehurst campus scheduled to open in Dec. 2023. For more, visit usga.org.
About this role:
The Coordinator, U.S. National Development Program will be an integral part of the USNDP team and is responsible for supporting various initiatives, programs and services provided by the USNDP. The Coordinator will liaise with multiple USGA departments including player relations, merchandising, marketing and championships, and will interface with various external partners and constituents, including athletes, parents, coaches, Allied Golf Association and other industry partners. The role will also support Player Relations at select USGA championships.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for administrative responsibilities related to tournament exemptions, including liaising with industry partners on identifying athletes, tracking exemptions and results and communicating with athletes and their families.
- Assist grants administrator with application process including, compiling and reviewing applications and managing reimbursements USNDP athletes on grants. Maintain consistent communication and build relationships with athletes and their families and assist team in determining financial needs and the best use of grant monies from a development perspective.
- Maintain athlete watch lists, performance data spreadsheets, KPI data points, assist in preparation of materials for USNDP selection committee for national teams, manage the upload of athlete golf resumes, and manage communications through the USNDP email.
- Assist with department administrative and office tasks, reconciliation of purchase orders and reimbursements, shipping uniforms and equipment to athletes, preparing and coordinating promotional materials for USGA championships and junior tournaments and preparing presentations.
- Assist Managing Director, Player Relations and Development with scheduling.
- Responsible for tracking SafeSport training for USNDP and other USGA staff, parents, athletes and service providers and tracking any other required educational requirements for athletes and parents.
- Assist with player registration and USNDP promotion at various USGA championships.
- Other projects as assigned.
Where you'll be:
- Opportunity based at Golf House New Jersey on a hybrid schedule. Employees are expected to spend 3 days per week working in the office, between Monday - Thursday.
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience in sports management or administration, statistics, , athlete management and services, customer services or other related field
- B.A. or B.S. in sports management or administration, education, business, communications or other related field
- Knowledge of golf
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to support multiple projects, displaying strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
What the USGA brings:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a zero cost medical plan offered for all full-time employees
- Retirement plans, with up to 10% annual USGA contribution
- Suite of programs to promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being
- Generous bank of paid time off, plus the week between Christmas and New Years Day off
- Off-site team building events
- On-site gym and golf simulator
- Professional development opportunities
The USGA is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization believes we are stronger by embracing our diverse backgrounds and perspectives, promoting equity so all teammates can excel and grow in their careers, and fostering experiences to drive inclusion in our workplace and game. Golf is a game for everyone, and you are always welcome.