Callaway Golf is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical knowledge for continuous improvement efforts aimed at increasing productivity and yields, ensuring key objectives and goals are met.
- Facilitate problem solving and lead cross-functional project teams including operations, engineering, R&D, quality, and maintenance.
- Improve lead times and inventory levels through the use of Kanban and pull systems
- Provide direct support to the operations team including operators, supervisors, and operations managers.
- Lead high level VAVE projects designed to measurably reduce costs, improve performance and/or decrease lead times, reporting the status as necessary.
- Use Lean manufacturing methods to identify and eliminate waste throughout the plant.
- Work within capital planning projects to ensure proper layout and design implementation for any future state
- Support operations management and engineering through the development and maintenance of the X-Matrix and KPI’s including Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Self-starter that has the initiative to complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Able to effectively work as a part of a team toward meeting company goals.
- Ability to create and sustain change in process operations.
- Knowledge Excel for data analytics, Minitab preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applying continuous improvement techniques, including but not limited to, Lean, Six Sigma, and Theory of Constraints.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Considers and understands financial impact of decisions.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful track record of implementing and sustaining change.
- Highly energetic, creative, intelligent, and logical.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience demonstrating skills in the above duties.
- Project management experience.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification desired.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- The employee will routinely sit for moderate periods of time and stand/walk for moderate periods of time.
- The employee may be frequently expose to fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee may be exposed to loud noises for long periods of time.
- Will be required to use vision including close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally required to lift 50 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diverse backgrounds and experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. We look forward to learning more about you.