The USGA is a mission-based golf organization whose purpose is to unify the golf community through handicapping and grassroots programs; to showcase the game’s best talent through the U.S. Open, U.S. Women’s Open and 13 other national championships and our museum; to provide unbiased global governance with The R&A through the playing, equipment and Amateur Status rules; and to advance issues important to golf’s future, with a focus on driving sustainability, accessibility and inclusion. As a nonprofit association, our work and our team are driven to act for the good of the game. The USGA’s headquarters are located in Liberty Corner, NJ, with a recently opened campus in Pinehurst, NC. For more, visit usga.org.
About this role:
The Specialist, Accounts Payable will perform various AP functions, including approving and reviewing invoices received, and processing against purchase orders. The Specialist will also perform final review of employee expense reports, maintain Concur Travel & Expenses user database, and manually processes Bills/Invoices which require payments without Purchase Orders.
What you'll do:
- Review all invoice queues in AvidXchange.Research any invoices that are flagged for further review. Make sure a purchase order is associated with each invoice (if applicable). Approve and sync invoices from AvidXchange to NetSuite.
- Review the invoice queue in NetSuite. Bill out invoices and ensure coding and payment details are correct. Process in time to meet due dates.Handle the Legal invoices and route to appropriate person for approval. Research invoices in the fix queue and determine steps to correct errors.Respond to end user’s inquires regarding payments, and system functionality.
- Process CSV imports in NetSuite.
- Comply with any "special processing" requests.Respond to vendor inquires regarding payments. Act as backup for other team members when they are out of the office.
- Review expense reports in Concur for accuracy and policy compliance as well as maintain USGA user profiles when needed/requested.
- Research past due notices, duplicate invoices and statements to determine identify missing invoices to process for payment.
- Prepare journal entries to correct invoice coding. Assist with accumulating data needed for annual audit. Perform special projects/tasks/analyses as requested and/or required.
- Prepare outstanding checks report and unclaimed property. North Carolina tax refund filing (update spreadsheet to track NC sales tax to be refunded back to us.)
Where you'll be:
- This role will be based at our Liberty Corner, NJ campus on a hybrid schedule. Employees are expected to spend 3 days per week working in the office, between Monday - Thursday.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of accounting, bookkeeping, banking, and/or payables experience
- General Accounting & Payables knowledge
- NetSuite, AvidXchange & Concur experience
- Microsoft Excel & Word, moderate to advanced proficiency
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
What the USGA brings:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a zero cost medical plan offered for all full-time employees
- Retirement plans, with up to 10% annual USGA contribution
- Suite of programs to promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being
- Generous bank of paid time off, plus the week between Christmas and New Years Day off
- Off-site team building events
- On-site gym and golf simulator
- Professional development opportunities
The USGA is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization believes we are stronger by embracing our diverse backgrounds and perspectives, promoting equity so all teammates can excel and grow in their careers, and fostering experiences to drive inclusion in our workplace and game. Golf is a game for everyone, and you are always welcome.