About LIV Golf
LIV Golf is modernizing the historic game of golf; the game’s first global event series, featuring 12 teams in a concurrent team and individual world championship, contested by 48 of the world’s best players over 14 events. Only two years into operations, LIV Golf is one of modern-day sport’s biggest success stories, positively impacting lives in the communities it visits, driving positive change for fans, stakeholders, partners and players alike. Hall of Fame golfer and renowned businessman, Greg Norman, is the league’s founding CEO and Commissioner.
LIV Golf launched in 2022 as an eight-event ‘Invitational Series.’ 2023 saw the inaugural LIV Golf League host 14 events around the world, from Adelaide to Chicago, Andalucía to Singapore, as well as launch the game’s first Team franchises, captained by some of golf’s most decorated superstars.
The format, respecting the history and traditions of the game, has been optimized for modern day sports fans; 3-days, 54 holes, no cut, shotgun start, offering a faster pace-of play to drive engaging storylines and offer an immersive fan experience.
The events, each wholly owned and operated by LIV Golf and broadcast around the world to over 300million homes, deliver a family-friendly environment, festival-style atmosphere, evening concert entertainment and world-class competition; a combination that is unique to the world of golf.
In 2024, LIV Golf will further expand the reach of the League, splitting the schedule between some of the most iconic venues across Asia, Europe and the Middle East with decorated venues in the US. The full player pathway, created in partnership with the Asian Tour, also launches, with the game’s first ever player Promotion and Relegation, and Player Transfer Window, as the holistic integration of LIV Golf is fully delivered.
Away from the entertainment on the course, LIV Golf is dedicated to enhancing the wellbeing of the communities it visits through its ground-breaking social impact and sustainability strategy, ‘Potential, Unleashed’, reflecting the league’s commitment to giving back and improving the world through golf.
Reporting into the VP, Team Finance, and the Head of Transactions, the Team Transactions Manager is responsible for the delivery of the transactions function for our twelve teams, and ownership of player payments. This includes management of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Banking, Employee Expenses. This role will also own various Treasury procedures and work with the finance and technology teams to ensure any necessary enhancements to reports, processes and policies. With Teams launching at the beginning of 2023, this role has a startup feel with the right candidate comfortable overseeing the function as well as supporting on day-to-day tasks.
- Ownership of the Team Finance Accounts Payable function, including:
- Vendor management
- Approval processes
- Payment processes
- Reporting & review
- Management of queries and mailbox
- Ownership of the Team Finance Accounts Receivable function, including:
- Customer management
- Invoices and sales
- Debt collection
- Reporting & review
- Ownership of the banking and treasury management function, including:
- Managing banking relationships
- Oversight, execution, and administration of banking process
- Oversight for loan repayments, adherence with facility agreement terms and covenant compliance
- Reporting & risk compliance
- Debt and interest schedules
- Cash position
- Cashflow forecasting and reporting support
- Oversight of the cash management process
Work with wider finance teams for cash movement
- Systems / Procedures
- Project management for supporting the creating of robust transactions process for Teams
- System owner, ensuring controls compliance and ongoing maintenance of the system
- Team Management
- One account executive directly reporting into this role, and overflow support provided by the group transactions executives
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounts functions, treasury operations and cash management
- Familiarity with a global ERP system
- Experience of working effectively in a senior management team environment
- Previously managed multiple projects and tasks at the same time
- Reputation for integrity and ethics
- US exposure or experience preferential
- Extensive proven leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business
- Ability to persuasively present information
- High level accuracy and attention to detail
- Capable of developing practical solutions
- Ability to navigate changing work environment