Job Summary (Essential Functions):
Assist Golf Professional with numerous activities relating to the management and operation of the club’s golf program.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Knowledge and understanding of typical golf course procedures.
- Skilled with the development, promotion and conducting Ladies and Junior golf activities.
- Fully knowledgeable of all opening and closeout procedures of the Golf Pro Shop.
- Familiar with all aspects of tournament set-up, including scorecards, golf car tags, proximities, staging area set-up and billing charges.
- Keep Golf Pro Shop counter and club repair area neat, clean, and organized at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of the handicapping system and all pertinent handicap information.
- Stays up-dated and current on all upcoming club events.
- Maintain playing ability and work to stay competent in all areas of the game.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe working environment, with emphasis on promoting employee health and safety.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
- Develops, promotes, and conducts Ladies and Junior golf activities.
- Assists with Golf Pro Shop sales and inventory control system.
- Assists members by providing and interpreting golf policies, rules, and regulations.
- Provides golf instruction and conducts golf clinics.
- Operates Pro Shop in absence of Golf Pro Shop Manager.
- Assists Pro Shop inventory and periodically conducts physical counts of merchandise, including scorecards, tees, matches, pencils, ball marks, golf car tags and tee sheets.
- Assist to maintain all stock items necessary for in-house club repair work.
- Document and keep accurate records of all in-house and outside club repair work.
- Update all charges and credits for club repair work.
- Assumes Golf Professional’s duties in his or her absence.
- Manages the daily opening and closing of golf operations.
- Assists in the coordination of tournaments and special events.
- Ensures all tournament winners are properly entered into the credit book with correct dates and description of event.
- Makes copies of tournament results and enters the correct files.
- Assists in all daily scheduling of lessons for all instructors.
- Keeps professional and golf staff updated on needs for golf activities, clinics, and group lessons.
- Make copies of all lesson fees.
- Performs starter or marshal duties as needed.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Golf Professional.
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Must be a member of the PGA, LPGA or Apprentice working to attain PGA/LPGA Professional status.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Sufficient stamina to tolerate hot, cold, humid, and rainy outdoor weather for several consecutive hours.
- Able to meet and perform physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
- Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping, and pulling.
- Frequent repetitive motions.
- Continuous standing and walking.