Position Summary: Responsible for the equipment fitting of players and guests consisting of, but not limited to, PGA Tour and Staff Professionals, as well as guests of such professionals, and other Corporate VIP’s. The day-to-day responsibilities include the operation of all company fitting systems.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
• Deliver first-class service prior to arrival, during the client’s time on-site through to departure, as well as any subsequent follow-up work required to ensure a seamless experience, while delivering quality sales.
• Become an expert on equipment and fitting and capable of training TaylorMade Staff Professionals, sales and experiential representatives, and other TM employees.
• Be trained to expertly fit players of varied skill levels from recreational golfers of any size, speed, or ability to Tour player, Club Professional Staff member, elite college, amateur, junior players.
• Maintain a high level of working knowledge of the company’s fitting equipment and other fitting systems and use that expertise in the fitting of players and enhance the experience.
• Utilize a high level of understanding of industry equipment trends with a particular focus on key components relating to the building of golf clubs and their impact on fitting and performance.
• Maintain and utilize an expert working knowledge of the company’s current product line and future product trends as well as those of the competitive set.
• Contribute to establishing and identifying elements contained in the fitting process that will standardize and make the fitting experience more consistent.
• Build and adjust golf equipment for fittings. Maintain TM component inventory needed to run the service needs of the facility both in demo product and “Straight to the Tee” program fabrication componentry.
• Maintain a clean and organized workspace and presentation area for clients and staff
• Assist in the management of fitting calendar and business reporting as required.
• Assist in the maintenance and calibration of Fitting bays and Workshop Equipment
• Performs other responsibilities as required
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Must have an unflinching passion for the sport of golf, and the golf industry
• Must have a hospitality first mind-set, with strong interpersonal, visual, auditory and public relations skills as appropriate to meet and interact with all guests and industry partners.
• Possess a thorough understanding of the golf swing and how it influences and impacts fitting golf equipment for all players.
• Must have significant understanding of club fitting and product knowledge with particular emphasis on the workings of the company’s GEARS Motion Capture, as well as Foresight, Quintic, and Puttview systems is preferred.
• Must possess a high-level of golf skills, knowledge and terminology
• Familiarity with Microsoft office, iOS and databases
• Familiarity with retail point of sale and processing moneris transactions
• A strong self-starter with ability to work independently
• Training in all aspects of technology, fitting and the business will be provided in depth.
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
• University Degree/PGM Program Diploma preferred
• PGA of Canada Professional designation preferred
• 2 years of experience in Custom Fitting or relevant golf industry experience required
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
• Position may require some travel
• Ability to work extended hours, holidays and weekends
• Ability to lift up to 40lbs and occasional use of a ladder
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.