Join the Troon network of clubs where you can have learning, growth, development, and career opportunities only a Troon can provide:
• Gain experience hosting a full schedule of Member events.
• Opportunities to play, socially and competitively, work to improve your golf game, and travel with members on golf trips.
• A focus on work/life balance allowing for time away from the club.
• Company paid membership dues to section and national PGA.
• Company paid participation in local section meetings, education programs, and golf events.
The Assistant Golf Professional is a key position within the Golf Operations Department. Working directly with the Head Golf Professional/Director of Golf, the Assistant Golf professional is primarily responsible for developing and implementing operational excellence, relationship building, staff training, driving revenue, and providing a world class level of service.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Administration, Business Management, Marketing or related field or equivalent preferred
• Thorough knowledge of general business administration practices and professional golf operations practices and procedures as would be acquired through three to five years of similar professional golf experience in progressively responsible positions
• Prior supervisory experience a plus
• Working knowledge of golf course operations and practices necessary
• Registered PGA apprentice or current PGA Member in good standing
• Assist in all aspects of management of employees, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training all golf shop and golf operations staff utilizing standard company procedures. Make staffing, disciplinary, and compensation recommendations to department head
• Assist Members and guests with their golfing needs, ensuring that every step of their golf experience at the club runs as smoothly and is as enjoyable as possible.
• Promote golf by teaching and conducting player development programs (where applicable), and staffing club tournament events which are established by the Head Professional and General Manager. Practice golf game and plays with members and guests as necessary
• Assume management responsibility in the Golf Shop during the peak periods ensuring service standards are maintained
• Assist with writing and conducting annual and semi-annual employee performance reviews and disciplinary actions. Assist with employee development and training plans and provides substantial input on employee’s readiness for promotions, transfers or out-placement
• Assist Head Golf Professional with labor management and cost controls by planning for and scheduling labor to include Golf Shop and Outside Golf Staff as needed
• Oversee outside golf operations, ensuring that control of membership and guest services. Ensure set-up and maintenance of practice facility, course advisors, golf car maintenance, golf bag storage, and golf club repair activities. Work closely with the Outside Golf Staff and Club Administration to coordinate all golf related activities
• Establish and administer the club tournament program. Assist in the development of promotional materials to communicate the programs to the members and guests as needed
• Maintain control of employee uniforms, ensuring that uniforms and name tags are worn and kept in proper condition and readily available at all times to employees
• Check in merchandise and ensure storage areas and merchandise displays are orderly, at par stock inventory levels and meet operating standards
• Answer telephones clearly and concisely, to schedule future starting time reservations and communicate information in a pleasant and professional manner
• Manage pace of play, and if applicable, update pace of play log daily.
• Complete special projects as needed
• Special projects or other duties as assigned
Additional benefits may include:
• Competitive pay
• Health Savings Account with employer contribution
• 401(k) plus employer match and employer contribution
• Life and Disability Insurance
• Pet Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Time Off and Holidays
• Complimentary employee meals
• Playing privileges and employee discounts