The IT Network Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Network and Infrastructure Team by managing network related and cloud migration related projects. Primarily, this will be leading the work to migrate our on-premises infrastructure into private cloud infrastructure working closely with both internal and external specialists.
The successful candidate will work directly with internal AG resources and external 3rd parties to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. They will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project meet specific needs and objectives.
The IT Network Engineer will be familiar with a variety of IT network infrastructures, practices, and procedures. They will be able to perform a variety of network related tasks and be able lead and direct the work of the wider network team to deliver the transformation required.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of networks projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders and 3rd parties.
- Manage and mitigate project risk.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Delegate project tasks based on individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- You will have proven experience as a Network Engineer and will be able to demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time in a complex, retail network environment.
- You should have a strong technical background and, ideally, be familiar with the Microsoft Navision andDynamics365 Business Central.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, protocols, and technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, and routing.
- Proficiency in cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Knowledge of cloud networking services like VPCs (Virtual Private Cloud), VPNs (Virtual Private Networks), and Direct Connect.
- Security knowledge is crucial, including understanding firewalls, VPNs, encryption, and secure network design.
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices and services, such as AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) or Azure Active Directory.
- Experience in connecting on-premises infrastructure to the cloud, utilizing technologies like VPNs, dedicated circuits, or hybrid cloud solutions.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Skills in network monitoring tools for both on-premises and cloud environments.
- Troubleshooting abilities to identify and resolve network issues efficiently.