Parkland Golf and Country Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of 1st Assistant Golf Professional. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
Key Responsibilities of the Associate Golf Professional:
- Administers all point of sales application revisions and needs as it applies to green fee sales, merchandise sales, and member/guest billing. Coordinates with Accounting Departments all policy and procedure revisions, updates, and implementation.
- Reconciles daily tee sheets, performs check-ins, and receives payments from members and guests. Resolves discrepancies as it applies to duplicate charges and over or under payment. Track all force posts and no show charges as applicable.
- Initiates and promotes all club golf activities.
- Creates lesson plans and provides both individual and group instruction.
- Maintains a clean, orderly, and well-stocked golf shop. Assists retail buyer with procurement and merchandise and shop assistants with merchandising and sales.
- • Supervises preparations for all golf outings including scorecards, cart labels, rules sheets, score sheets, format sheets, favors, pairing sheets and hole assignments.
- Monitors all members’ scores, reports handicapping to USGA and bills members.
- Assists the Manager in interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining maintenance associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assists in the management of department members that may include, but is not limited to: Starters, Player Assistants, and Guest Services Attendants.
- Ensures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Assists in developing ongoing training programs.
- Assists in monitoring business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Conducts staff meetings with subordinates.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Associate Golf Professional:
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited university and/or PGM program; 3 years private club experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.