We're hiring a Golf Course Starter at Parkland Golf and Country Club!
Whether you’re just kickstarting your career or have a long-standing passion for customer service and working with people, there’s an exciting new opportunity for you at Ocala Golf Club. Gain first-hand, in-depth customer service experience and engage with outdoorsmen from all over. Whether you’re in need of a part-time side hustle or just starting out, this is the perfect opportunity to seize the moment and develop lasting skills and relationships.
For more information, apply today!
Ideal candidates are friendly and organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. Golf Course Starters provide guest services by guiding players to the first tee at appropriate times and controlling a smooth pace of play on the golf course. Beginners are welcome – while knowledge of golf is preferred, previous Golf Course Starting experience is not required for the position.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Must have a valid driver’s license (if driving golf cars or driving range equipment)
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Must have friendly personality and enjoy working with the public
- Organized, able to work well in fast paced environment
- Must have strong customer/guest orientation
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be dependable
- Knowledge about the game of golf preferred
- Maintain professional appearance
- Provides information regarding the golf course, play time and other golf related issues
- Provides customer service to arriving guests to help expedite check‐in process
- Verifies that all revenues have been properly recorded by inspecting receipts for all players before they begin
play on the golf course
- Keeps golf shop personnel informed regarding pace of play off the first tee
- Supplies guests with scorecards, pencils and other items if needed
- Advises guests of course conditions and expected pace of play
- Implement and support all course policies and programs as communicated by management
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager