The Accounts Payable Lead is responsible to assist with leading and maintaining the day-to-day Accounts Payable operations and ensure timely and accurate recording of invoices and payments. This position is also responsible for maintaining internal controls and compliance to Company’s policies and procedures to ensure the security of the financial assets of the company while providing the highest level of customer service. This position will report to the Director of Accounting.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the department with accurate and timely invoice processing, and timely resolution of accounts payable related questions and issues (including assist team members with escalated and complex issues).
- Build great relationships with external departments, vendors, and other partners and provide the highest level of customer service.
- Monitors the AP inbox to ensure appropriate processing times and resolution of issues.
- Prepare and execute weekly payment runs and special runs (including ACH, checks, wires, and manual wires requests).
- Reconcile and record automatic EFT payments weekly/monthly.
- Perform month-end and quarter-end close procedures and reports (including, vendor statement reconciliation, AP accruals, AP subledger closure, GL account reconciliation and review, AP Aging report, maintain and complete monthly close checklist, etc).
- Assist with Concur administration, troubleshoot user issues and questions, review expense reports for appropriate support, approval, and compliance to Company’s T&E policies.
- Assist Accounting Manager/Supervisor with year-end close and 1099 reporting.
- Vendor Masterfile maintenance including new vendor set up and changes to vendor information.
- Assist with training and coaching Accounts Payable team members.
- Assist with department policies and procedures maintenance, identify inefficiencies, and recommend changes for review by the Accounts Payable Manager/Supervisor.
- Assist with gathering support for internal and external audits.
- Perform other related duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with team members across multiple functions and at varying levels.
- Thorough understanding of full cycle Accounts Payable and its functions, including direct and indirect purchasing and month-end close processes.
- Experience with high volume and fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize goals and objectives, and manage competing priorities.
- Intermediate to Advance skills in excel. Strong technical skills and system knowledge.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system preferred.
- Understands the importance of internal controls and financial reporting deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma and coursework or training in basic accounting functions required.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with full cycle Accounts Payable.
- 1-2 years’ prior experience in an Accounts Payable Lead role preferred.
- Experience in consumer products, apparel and/or retail industry preferred.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diverse backgrounds and experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. We look forward to learning more about you.