The USGA is a mission-based nonprofit organization whose purpose is to unify the game, showcase the best talent in golf, provide impartial governance and advance our impact on critical issues such as sustainability, accessibility and inclusion. We conduct the U.S. Open, the U.S. Women’s Open and 13 other national championships at America’s iconic golf venues. The USGA’s headquarters is located in Liberty Corner, N.J., with a new satellite Golf House Pinehurst campus scheduled to open in Dec. 2023. For more, visit usga.org.
About this role:
The Customer Success Agronomist, DEACON is responsible for increasing adoption, use, and impact of DEACON (including GS3) customers. This includes, but is not limited to, supporting all scheduled customer adoption requests for the GS3 and DEACON Product Line. They will walk customers through understanding how to properly collection and understand their data while helping to bring the customer through the product journey. Working alongside Customer Support, Product Manager, Marketing and Sales to ensure customers adopt and utilize the tools within the DEACON platform. They will also work with the Course Consulting Team to direct customers to consulting services where appropriate.
What you'll do:
- Serve as 1st point of contact for all customer usage questions and feature adoption
- Ensure the customer is adequately trained and have the tools necessary to complete day to day data collection
- Drive customer adoption of DEACON and GS3 usage to ensure customer retention using data-driven strategies
- Monitor product utilization and follow up with customers to drive further usage
- Maintain customer tickets and update customer information in Hubspot CRM
- Communicate with sales, customer support and product team to document customer feedback and escalation needs.
- Support customer service team with overflow of tickets and support requests.
- Provide product demonstrations regarding Deacon GS3 (including trade shows and regional events)
- Participate in support and product training sessions to become an expert on the product
- Document customers interactions and update CRM accuracy
- Create internal documentation for change management and incidents.
Where you'll be:
This role will be based at our Pinehurst, NC office or has the potential to be remote.
What you bring:
- 2-4 year degree in turfgrass management or related field
- Golf course maintenance experience required
- Strong multi-tasking, time management, and problem-solving experience.
- Ability to use data to proactively engage customer keeping satisfaction high.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer-facing skills, and proven ability to work with customers’ senior management.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- CRM Experience preferred, ie. Hubspot
What the USGA brings:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a zero cost medical plan offered for all full-time employees
- Retirement plans, with up to 10% annual USGA contribution
- Suite of programs to promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being
- Generous bank of paid time off, plus the week between Christmas and New Years Day off
- Off-site team building events
- On-site gym and golf simulator
- Professional development opportunities
The USGA is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization believes we are stronger by embracing our diverse backgrounds and perspectives, promoting equity so all teammates can excel and grow in their careers, and fostering experiences to drive inclusion in our workplace and game. Golf is a game for everyone, and you are always welcome.