Mid Herts is renowned for being a welcoming and friendly golf club with a healthy membership across all age ranges and a dynamic team who provide excellent service to both members and visitors alike.
Set in picturesque woodland countryside in Hertfordshire the clubhouse is an excellent venue for functions ranging from afternoon teas, lunches, weddings, wakes and private events where our talented catering team can use their creativity in the menus they offer.
With a busy calendar of events we are looking to expand our team and seek a passionate individual who is a great team player and thrives in a hospitality and high-pressured environment. We are excited to meet somebody who will jump at the opportunity and see this as further progression in their career.
The Bar & Events Supervisor will work alongside and report to the Bar & Clubhouse Manager, covering activities within the bar area and taking responsibility to lead the team for all club events and private functions held at the golf club.
This position is a hands-on supervisory role that will be responsible for the delivery of excellent customer service with both club and social events working in harmony within a small and dedicated team.
- Deliver excellent customer service demonstrating professionalism and an understanding of the customer experience
- Demonstrating high energy, engagement and it is essential you are a people-person
- Compliance with the legalities and licensing regulations in the provision of alcohol
- Assisting the Bar & Clubhouse Manager in the full range of Hospitality duties ad taking responsibility in their absence
Excellent verbal communication skills (written also)
A passion for great customer service (with guests and co-workers)
A strong work ethic
A desire to grow in this industry (as an individual and as a professional)
The ability to assist in the planning of functions and events held at the golf club
- Discounted food
- Free on-site parking
- Sick pay
- Company Pension
- Staff Uniform
- Day shifts Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Wheathampstead is a rural location and you do need to be a Car Driver.
- Supervising experience: 1 year (preferred)
- Bar: 1 year (preferred)
- Hospitality: 2 years (required)
- Customer service: 2 years (required)
Interested? Apply now!