Location: West Palm Beach, USA
Reporting To: SVP, Player and Team Communications
Contract Term: Full time, permanent
LIV Golf Investments is a newly formed company, with group companies in the USA and UK. Our purpose is to holistically supercharge professional golf on a global scale to help unlock the sports’ untapped potential. Greg Norman is the first and founding CEO of LIV Golf Investments. PIF, one of the world’s largest and most impactful wealth funds, with a diverse international investment portfolio, is the majority shareholder in LIV Golf Investments.
LIV Golf League
In 2022, LIV Golf launched the LIV Golf Invitational Series, an eight-event series taking place in the USA, UK, Asia and the Middle East with the world’s best golfers competing in an innovative new format featuring simultaneous team and individual play. Each tournament consists of three rounds, 54 holes, no cut and shotgun starts, with players vying for unprecedented prize purses. The team competition, faster pace, family-friendly environment, and festival-style atmosphere delivers a unique tournament experience for both players and fans.
In 2023, the LIV Golf League will officially launch with 48 players and 12 established teams competing in a 14-tournament schedule that will expand LIV Golf’s global footprint across North and Latin Americas, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and Europe. LIV Golf is the first-ever global golf league committed to the sport’s worldwide growth, with enhanced player pathways through the International Series, a ground-breaking series of events launched in 2022 through the Asian Tour. The League is also dedicated to enhancing the wellbeing of communities through LIV to Give, LIV Golf’s global impact platform announced in June with a $100 million commitment to develop and support social and environmental initiatives in tournament host communities around the world.
- Support the development and implementation of all communications efforts involving LIV Golf athletes and their Teams
- Support the Players and Teams in developing their own brand and communication strategies
- Assist in the development and execution of bespoke communications plans for each team with a defined strategy based upon direction from team principal.
- Support in all player and team media relations and PR efforts including development and distribution of press releases, maintaining media lists, liaising with media, etc.
- Assist in coordination, planning, and execution of player carwash for every event.
- Support in preparing and managing all press conferences and flash interviews.
- Assist in preparation of key messaging and communications materials for media briefings.
- Support in providing players and teams with consistent and timely information through various communications programs (newsletters, Teamworks, etc.).
- Assist in facilitating all internal player media requests.
- 5-7+ years of experience in communications, public relations, ideally working with athletes/in sport
- Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies
- Experience in stakeholder/community engagement
- Ability to coordinate efforts of various teams and work cross-functionally in order to present a coherent message
- Confident working both in teams and individually
- Interpersonal - strong people skills, able to make trusting relationships
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy
- Outstanding communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally across all levels of the business
- Strong and confident leadership with excellent influencing skills
- Organized with attention to detail
- Able to travel to some of our events