The Customer Development Manager is vital in expanding Callaway’s Analytical Center of Excellence. This role is responsible for leading Customer Development processes and developing best practices within revenue planning, sales analytics, and category management.
This role will oversee the creation and development of insights and reporting using retailer-provided and syndicated data to assist in making customer-level tactical business decisions to drive mutual sales and profitability. In addition, the incumbent will be expected to build trusting relationships with customers while performing rigorous analysis and identifying opportunities within the retailer environment. The position will create best-in-class customer development processes that drive business results and provide decision-making insights to Sales Leadership, Marketing, Finance, and Operations.
Additionally, the incumbent, collaborating primarily with the customer and sales leads, will be responsible for developing monthly bottom-up sales forecasts and revenue plans at both a product model and channel level. In addition, this role will work closely with the Demand Planning, Product Management, and Sales Directors to provide analytical tools and support.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide actionable insights and descriptive reporting to customers and sales leadership to facilitate data-based decisions and strategies.
- Own sell-through analytics from customer data and insights to increase sales/profit.
- Develop retailer-specific assortment strategies to optimize product mix, shelf/display space, merchandising tools, and price promotions to reach targeted consumers more effectively.
- Perform weekly SKU / store-level replenishment reviews and work with customers to maximize the effectiveness of assortment recommendations.
- Build customer relationships by providing objective, fact-based, value-added industry and category insights in discussions with retailers.
- Execute joint business planning with our retail partners by analyzing historical performance and forecast future results.
- Liaison for communicating program details, issues, opportunities, and best practices with assigned accounts.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with the customers.
- Lead the development of a forecast model based on retailer performance.
Sales Planning Development
- Develop a bottoms-up forecast process with Finance at the channel/customer/product model level to develop our monthly/annual revenue plans and provide operations with a sales forecast to procure products against.
- Ensure forecast deadlines set by Corporate Finance are met.
- Work directly with Sales teams and counterparts at our retail accounts to review historical results and develop account-specific forecasts incorporating all promotional activity.
- Create and maintain forecast mix by channel/customer based on historical sell-in and sell-through. Manage the consensus process/meetings used to develop these forecasts.
- Incorporate sell-through data from our National Accounts, Regional Accounts, and Callaway Golf Interactive teams into the forecasting process.
- Communicate with the Demand Planning team to review the monthly forecast.
- Keep informed of best-in-class practices, processes, and techniques and bring them into the organization as appropriate. Specifically, work with BI&A and IT department on Callaway’s SAC (SAP Analytics Cloud) and Nimble project
- Work with the Demand Planning team to appropriately align forecast and demand plans.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Advanced expertise in Excel, Microsoft Power BI (Business Intelligence)
- Working knowledge of SAP SAC
- Expertise in preparing and presenting to customers / Sr. Management
- Expert knowledge of SPS Commerce, IRI, Retail Link, Edifice, POL, or any other account sell-through data source.
- Strong knowledge of Finance, syndicated data (IRI, Nielson, Golf Datatech), SAP, shelf development software, and other operating systems and processes a plus
- Excellent communication skills, including interacting with customer contacts at all levels of their organization and tailoring communications and messaging as appropriate.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Data Expertise for Informed Decision Making
- Develop a high-level understanding of account operations.
- Highly innovative, able to analyze customer data requirements and adapt efficient and scalable processes to support specific needs while maintaining integrity within the Callaway process environment.
- Knowledge of Lifecycle Management, Predictive and prescriptive Modeling
- Knowledge of Sales Account Management
- Understanding of Marketing Plan Execution to Account/Brand
- Product Expertise
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of customer development, customer marketing, and/or category management experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in analyzing and interpreting data and team/project management experience
- Category Advisor experience
- Golf industry experience
- Experience with multi-door account distribution model, preferred.
- Callaway Golf product expert (past and present), preferred.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diverse backgrounds and experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. We look forward to learning more about you.