Callaway Golf is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The production Supervisor is responsible for the Embroidery department by providing leadership and direction to the embroidery production line and related business processes. Will collaborate with planning and production departments regarding product availability and coordinate with various departments to ensure efficient order fulfillment within customer and company requirements, ensuring the highest levels of customer service and order fill rates. Will help develop and establish pro-active production processes to improve efficiency and accuracy of order processes, procedures and maintain the highest levels of customer service.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating and maintaining staffing plans
- Responsible for selection, hiring, and training of direct reports.
- Trains, coaches, and motivates employees to maintain and develop the skills necessary to meet and exceed production goals.
- Develop and execute daily work schedules.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Communicates production goals to operators in the area of responsibility and provides resources and motivation to meet or exceed objectives.
- Monitor daily order deliveries and work directly with the leadership team on shipping and sales-related issues.
- Communicate and process coordination of deliveries and shipments to ensure embroidery order fulfillment within customer, sales, and company requirements are met.
- Accountable for meeting production expectations through safe operation by established procedures and within specified process settings.
- Ensures complete and practical training of all operators for applicable work instructions and safety procedures. Provides documentation and tracking of all training in assigned process areas.
- Conducts and documents effective safety meetings at required intervals.
- Review and update safety and environmental employee awareness training plans
- Assists in implementing engineering changes.
- Assists in coordinating team-based activities that result in waste elimination or added value.
- Reviews and assesses each employee's skill set as it relates to the job requirements. Conducts timely performance reviews and assists in the management of individual development plans.
- Creates and administers disciplinary action as necessary.
- Tracks employee attendance and timesheets according to Company’s policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Ability to read and write through various means of communication.
- Understanding of mechanical concepts related to manufacturing.
- Able to effectively lead and manage direct employees.
- Skilled in managing tricky situations.
- Computer skills with the ability to manage several types of electronic data files.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate degree in manufacturing, Business Management, or Engineering preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum two years experience with supervisory responsibilities
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good communicator with the ability to work in a manufacturing environment.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diverse backgrounds and experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. We look forward to learning more about you.