The Business Analyst is an integral part of the Callaway Global Finance team. The role is responsible for the accurate and timely administration of key business processes and producing reporting to support business decisions. The Business Analyst will take ownership of their operations and reporting responsibilities and work with stakeholders on changes and improvements. This position reports directly to the Manager of Data Analytics in Finance and collaborates closely with Sales and other parts of the Callaway team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns and executes business processes from start to finish, focusing on accuracy and meeting deadlines, communicating with stakeholders as needed.
- Updates essential reporting and dashboards that assist the team in making fact-based decisions.
- Provides expertise in the systems and tools to complete the business process; reconciles between systems and reports as needed.
- Manages and troubleshoots large data sets and inputs pertinent to calculations. Reviews and resolves all issues and ensures data integrity and consistency are maintained.
- Establishes and improves reporting procedures, controls, and outputs to adapt to the company's growing needs.
- Provides ad hoc reporting and analysis to support the business.
- Examples of key business processes in which this role can be responsible for our commission processing and/or the revenue planning load cycle.
- Business reporting may include target setting, product launch initiatives, commission reporting, and business performance tracking.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Meticulous, with a strong focus on accuracy and quality
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (including complex formulas and Power Query)
- Proven analytical, data modeling, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects with critical deadlines.
- Aptitude for continuous improvement
- Ability to analyze user needs/requirements to translate them into technical report specifications and system solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively summarize and present findings and recommendations.
- Working knowledge of SAP and related tools. Power BI or related analytics tools are a plus.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of successful experience in a similar analytical role.
- Advanced skill level in Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Comprehensive understanding of SAP and Business Objects (or similar reporting tools).
- Ability to quickly learn modern technology, systems, and software to support business operations (Power BI, Business Objects, SharePoint, Order Tool, SAP, etc.)
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diverse backgrounds and experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. We look forward to learning more about you.