We seek an enthusiastic, diligent, and talented Principal Service Engineer to join the Callaway eCommerce engineering team. To be part of this team, you need to have an abundance of intellectual curiosity, be an initiative-taking achiever, and be excited to collaborate with a team focused on innovation and delivering solutions that raise the bar. You will actively design, code, lead engineering projects, and mentor junior engineers to support our eCommerce platform by leveraging SAP Hybris, SnapLogic, Java, Spring, and more. This is a fast-paced Agile environment, with plenty of opportunities to gain experience and fail fast. Share your knowledge with a broader team of experienced service and others while supporting this position.
Our vision is to build a world-class e-commerce platform for TopGolf/Callaway brands to continue to ensure the first-class experience our customers have come to enjoy.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The effectiveness and value of the systems we build are influenced and controlled by the services we make. The ideal candidate is a talented and experienced software engineer with expertise in agile teams that utilize J2EE (SAP Hybris), microservice application development, and middleware to deliver outstanding customer experiences. You should have a solid software engineering fundamentals background and a deep understanding of best practices in various languages/technologies. You should love creating things and take great personal pride in building engaging and innovative interfaces.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Strong Computer Science/Engineering fundamentals
- 7+ years of Java 11+ engineering experience
- 5+ years developing in an Agile environment.
- 5+ years of developing using relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- 5+ years developing API-first services (REST and/or GraphQL)
- Experience developing with modern build systems (Maven, Gradle), modern IDEs (IntelliJ, VS Code)
- Experience with branch-based development using modern version control (GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket)
- Experience development using best practices (unit/contract testing, secrets handling, etc.)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to mentor and develop junior engineers.
- Experience with Spring Boot / Spring Cloud
- Experience working with J2EE applications servers (JBoss, WebSphere, etc.)
- Experience building integrations with SnapLogic or similar (Mulesoft, Apache NiFi, etc.)
- Experience utilizing CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience utilizing Azure Cloud IaaS.
- SAP Hybris Commerce foundational concepts include form handlers, JSP/servlets, content administration, pricing, promotions, personalization, and scenario development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related degree, or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 5+ years of software development experience required, including working with an Agile development team (Scrum or Kanban).
- Relevant professional certifications are a plus.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diverse backgrounds and experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. We look forward to learning more about you.