Callaway is looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer for the digital team. The position requires firsthand experience designing and implementing efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable solutions of medium to high complexity in an enterprise environment. Design and develop critical cross-functional business integrations to enable efficient data transfer between systems to support Callaway’s Digital initiatives. The successful candidate would work independently and with the other functional teams to understand the business process, available design, and source data. The primary goal is to enjoy your work and develop your career while building secure, dependable, scalable integrations made to Topgolf Callaway Brands standards.
Topgolf Callaway Brands is an unrivaled tech-enabled Modern Golf and active lifestyle company while also being a great place to work. With a portfolio of global brands including Topgolf, Callaway Golf, TravisMathew, Toptracer, Odyssey, OGIO, Jack Wolfskin, and World Golf Tour (“WGT”), we have a team of passionate individuals who dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf accessible and enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop technical design for all software development requests.
- Produce scalable, flexible, high-quality integrations that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements.
- Help with system architecture for each element and the whole integration pipeline.
- Initiative-taker with the ability and willingness to explore innovative technologies and learn quickly; able to thrive in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth, and development of technical, interpersonal, and business skills; able to recognize and address improvement areas.
- Collaborative collaborator with a positive outlook and “can-do” attitude
- Listening, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to translate technical information into understandable terms to various audiences.
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks, responding effectively to competing needs.
- Strong customer service orientation
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Firsthand experience writing backend API services using Java scripts in a serverless framework.
- Knowledge of development life cycle best practices, including version control, QA, build/release management, and regression testing.
- Direct experience writing unit tests and integration tests.
- Working knowledge of Lambda functions using Python and others.
- Experience with Azure, AWS, cloud deployments, DevOps, and web security
- Ability to contribute immediately to code, quality standards, and Agile processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum three years of experience working in Martech systems development in a large, globally distributed corporate environment.
- Minimum three years experience with Java, J2EE, and Spring
- Minimum three years of experience developing web-based applications with SOAP or REST.
- Knowledge of Data Integration, ETL Batch, and Real-time data processing
- Strong working knowledge across the technology stack, including ETL, data analysis, metadata, data quality, audit, and design.
- Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL experience.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diverse backgrounds and experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. We look forward to learning more about you.