Responsible to monitor manufacturing process to ensure product quality comply with company’s quality procedure, requirements and standard, ensure high consistency and accuracy.
Ensures Product Stewardship which complies with Japan and GB standards/Specifications, including product safety.
Manages Product Integrity in close Cooperation and Collaboration with other functional leaders and Japan Product Development team.
Manages overall material Suppliers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to monitor all apparel materials (fabric and trims) physical, functional and RSL testing performances to be complied with brand’s quality requirements, and standards, ensure high consistency and accuracy.
- Track all procedures of testing for materials before shipments are completed by material suppliers.
- Ensure all required test reports are uploaded to the system.
- Evaluate risks
- Coordinate with material factories, material quality team and garment quality team to provide testing documents, root causes and potential solutions in case of testing performance issues.
- Provide training to material factories‘ lab to perform at a higher level and better understanding of brands requirements.
- Support and provide input to material quality team in creating new test methods for different materials based on actual usage conditions of the materials. Test new methods to set standards for acceptable limits and tolerances.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Possesses deep functional knowledge.
- Good apparel material testing knowledge
- China GB Standards knowledge is a plus.
- Apparel material technical knowledge is a plus.
- Strong negotiation, organizational, analytical and reporting skills.
- Excellent communication skill (Influencing) - Ensure effective internal and external communications, drives consensus among stakeholders.
- Fluent in English. Chinese speaking and reading skill is a plus.
- Result oriented. Measures and formulates timely improvement actions, adopt creative ideas to create better outcomes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in laboratory testing in apparel industry.
- Degree in textile engineering or product management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and environment.
- Extensive use of office equipment to include computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business-related machines and software.
- Frequent travel domestically and internationally should be expected
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.