Callaway Golf is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
In an assigned geographical territory, an OSR is responsible for the sales, distribution, and promotion of Callaway Golf Sales Company brand and products to assigned accounts. As a great business partner, an OSR is responsible for being an expert on all Callaway Golf Sales Company product features, sales programs, promotions, sales tools, and pricing, including becoming familiar with competitor’s products. Sells and promotes all Company products meeting brand and product category objectives. Initiates, develops, and maintains relationships with existing and potential customers and build advocates with all sales staff at each account. Analyzes existing and anticipated customer requirements and promotes consideration of company products. Prepares and executes sales plan, inventory plan, call rotations, and business plans and objectives. Conducts Sales Presentations, Custom Performance Fittings, Customer Consumer Events, and Product Training Seminars. Improves and maintains merchandising and positioning of all Callaway Golf products within retail locations consistent with sales programs requirements and premium brand image.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve monthly/quarterly/annual revenue targets and grow your territory.
- Maximize number of accounts pre-booked and dollars pre-booked to plan for overall business.
- Maximize Product Distribution in each product category and across all brands.
- Achieve all new product launch sales targets by PAR dates.
- Manage sales programs to maximize revenue.
- Maintains highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide presentations of all new products, sales programs, and promotions.
- Position customer new product launch orders to PAR dates.
- Gain and maintain Callaway positioning and displays at all accounts.
- Utilize and promote key initiatives to grow customer/territory revenue.
- Maximize customer inventory throughout lifecycle, product assortment, promotion support, profitability, sell through.
- Conduct effective Product Training Seminar for all customers.
- Conduct on-going training for all customers creating advocates for the brand.
- Manage allocations, budgets, and all available sales tools to maximize ROI.
- Visit customers on a daily basis.
- Manage contact schedule, call rotation, and travel within territory.
- Plan and execute effective custom fitting days that drive trial and sell thru. Includes appropriate resources, scheduling, and coverage for the event.
- Select, hire, train, and utilize Performance Fitting Team representative(s) to maximize effectiveness of consumer events.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Drive for Results/Maximizing Opportunity: Demonstrates a sense of goal achievement. Ability to identify and understand business opportunities, utilizes resources, and overcomes obstacles appropriately to maximize business return.
- Selling Skills: Skills to apply selling techniques to achieve Company objectives while maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Organizational Skills/Territory Management: Ability to maximize sales through effective use of time management, call planning, and data management. Technological proficiency for use of the Order Tool, Computer, Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word, Callaway Connect and various Online Sales Tools
- Customer Focused: Ensures all internal and external customer service needs have been met or exceeded. Consistently maintains positive working relationships with customers by earning their trust and respect. Strategizes with customers to find alternative ways to meet or exceed their expectations, while being attentive to costs and other constraints.
- Communication: Effectively use listening, written, verbal and non-verbal skills to achieve business results
- Product Knowledge: Knowledge of the Callaway Golf product line and product messaging in order to effectively position the Company’s products in the market.
- Business Acumen: Knowledge to collect, analyze, and interpret business data and use such information appropriately to maintain current business and grow new business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of selling experience required for entry level volume territory.
- Outside territory account management experience preferred.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Golf knowledge preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- Extensive use of office equipment to include computer, mobile phone, calculator, scanner, and other business-related machines and software.
- Ability to lift up to sixty pounds; lifting bags of product, moving, setting up and taking down displays.
- Required to maintain valid driver’s license and insurance eligibility to drive Company vehicle.
- Driver’s record must meet authorized driver criteria for the Company.
- Required to drive Company vehicle.
- Frequent travel within sales territory required.
- Occasional travel outside of sales territory to sales meeting and trade shows
- Willingness to relocate preferred.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diverse backgrounds and experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. We look forward to learning more about you.