Topgolf Callaway Brands is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment while simultaneously being a great place to work! We are passionate about our performance and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (i.e. Education and/or Experience)
- Minimum 2 years mill, lathe, & grinder experience.
- Read, Interpret CAD Drawings and Hand Sketches.
- Basic Trigonometry and Geometry skills.
- Capable of running mills, lathes, and grinders proficiently.
- Must have previous experience with operating tool room machinery.
- Makes own set-ups on Mills, Lathes, Grinders.
- Capable of welding at a high level of accuracy.
- Meets Callaway requirements for Outlook, Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Requires written and verbal English language skills and basic four function math skills. Must have the ability to work with fractions (use a ruler).
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent experiences.
- Able to work from written and verbal instructions.
KEY ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must possess communication skills to present technical ideas and facts to a diverse audience.
- Communicates and supports Product Engineering, Research-Development, and Tour Representatives.
- Provide feedback on new product design and assembly process related to Pro Tour.
- Must present information in a professional manner.
- Must be able to provide machine (mill/lathe) training to internal and external employees.
- Must be able to fully understand putter product lines and have knowledge of past putter product lines.
- Learn about new product attributes and performance characteristics.
- Visually inspects parts to standards.
- Rejects flawed products for reworking.
- Documents work on forms and production orders.
- Notifies assembly team, facilities and manager when equipment is inoperative.
- Reads and interprets basic drawings, specifications, and operating procedures.
- Operates Gripping machine.
- Operates Swing Weight machine.
- Operates Bending and reading machines.
- Designs head reshaping and new hosel shaping.
- Prepares heads by using various machines such as lathes, buffers and grinders in addition to hand filing and polishing for complex putter production orders.
- Operates Milling machine.
- Customizes existing putter models, sight line, additions, shape changes and loft changes and suggests redesign.
- Performs Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding and weld clean up.
- Maintain a level of attendance and punctuality meeting Company standards.
- Adheres to all Safety rules and procedures.
- Participates in team based activities that focus on quality, reducing waste and improving processes.
- Completes daily preventative maintenance for various types of machinery.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of both Callaway and competitor putter products and how their attributes affect performance.
- Must be a skilled machinist and welder.
- Must be highly reliable in attendance. Work environment requires punctuality and attendance that meets or exceeds company standards.
- Requires the ability to work off of verbal and written instructions.
- Must possess basic math skills to work with rulers and other measurement devices.
- Ability to use various machines including buffers, grinders, lathes and milling machines.
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and meet sharp deadlines. Must be a self-starter with demonstrated high level of initiative and productivity.
- Must be detail-oriented with an aptitude for precision.
- Requires the ability to work in a team-oriented environment to support the larger goals of the department and organization.
- Must be able to visually evaluate product to ensure quality.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Windows and applications like Excel, Word, and Access.
- Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and environment.
- Extensive use of office equipment and other business related machines and software.
- Stands/Walks 50% of the day.
- Sits 50% of the day.
- Must have good manual dexterity.
- Must have good vision.
- Occasionally must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, as the job involves moving golf bags and equipment.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diverse backgrounds and experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. We look forward to learning more about you.