Jack Wolfskin, a global eco-performance apparel, footwear and equipment brand, was founded in 1981 on the tenants of product sustainability, performance and quality. The company is now one of the major suppliers of outdoor products across the world with a versatile portfolio of smartly- and sustainably-engineered technologies, including its popular Texapore group of materials. Jack Wolfskin is headquartered in Idstein, Germany, and is expanding to North America with an office opening in Park City, Utah.
Develop and execute process in product development & sampling, optimize product cost and quality. Ensure on-time sample delivery, quality and accuracy. Establish process for production execution to assure quality output. Work closely with Product development lead and Product teams in Headquarters for all markets.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with HQ Product Development team for product development, coordinating suppliers to drive on-time and correct prototypes and sales samples.
- Support HQ for red seal sample approval. Review style details &Teck Packs (PDB), sign off pre-production samples demand by HQ.
- Work with cross function teams – design, sourcing, fabric, merchandising to assure development into costs.
- Partner with HQ Product Development drive accuracy of cost sheet. Standardize and harmonize rates on production wastage, material transportation costs etc.; drive on-time submission from Supplier.
- Where possible, support development on cost engineering efforts with supplier.
- Establish processes for production execution, participate in Pre-production meeting, co-ordinate with Site QA to ensure product quality execution.
- Troubleshoot quality issues and guide supplier to develop solution and establish action plan with supplier and site QA. Follow up for result.
- Responsible for sample delivery, report on on-time performance.
- Review supplier performance in regular basis and report to superior.
- Travel to garment vendor / factories as needed.
- Support Superiors for relevant task and project, and any task direct from management.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Extensive knowledge of product development processes, fit, fabric, garment construction, manufacturing engineering and equipment in Outdoor and technical performance wear.
- Excellent knowledge in Sourcing and Garment & Textile manufacturing.
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent ability to anticipate problems and develop solutions through to resolution.
- Advanced knowledge of costing and ability to negotiate
- Strong organizational, analytical and reporting skills.
- Result oriented. Measures and formulates timely improvement actions, adopt creative ideas to create better outcomes.
- Ability to work in international environment and structure.
- Adaptable to a dynamic environment.
- Have a sustainable mindset and positive attitude.
- Travel, domestic and international as required by business needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed studies in clothing technology, textile design, textile technology or similar
- 5+ years of professional or related experience and several years in a comparable position
- Experience in working with Centric PLM or product management tool
- Proficiency with MS Office Programs, Good excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to influence others with a positive attitude
- Develop collaborative working relationships
- Excellent ability to anticipate problems and develop solutions
- Frequent travel, ability to work efficiently in manufacturing site in different countries.
- Excellent command of English both in written and spoken
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- Frequent standing and walking for extended periods.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Use office equipment, including a computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business-related machines and software.