Callaway Golf is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Transportation Analyst is responsible for establishing and supporting operational strategies in an outsourced environment to support Callaway Golf’s International Inbound Logistics. This role requires strong leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills, as well as a deep understanding of inbound air freight logistics and regulations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control international air cargo logistics (import/export) to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Oversee air carrier performance monitoring and reporting including track and trace
- Proactively identify and resolve all air freight related issues, including communicating with freight forwarders, affected internal departments, and customers.
- Analyze costs and service levels, and make recommendations to management to provide the most cost effective solution to satisfy business requirements
- Support the design and implementation of new air transportation lanes and services.
- Coordinate and communicate with Global Supply Chain and Sales organizations.
- Prepare and update both ad hoc and ongoing regular reporting as required using SAP and other software applications
- Process miscellaneous shipping requests, balancing best shipment methods (cost and service) and shipper requirements. Obtain and approve spot quotes as necessary.
- Serve as a team liaison with Sales Operations, Marketing, Customer Service, and Supply Chain during planning stages of special projects with specific transportation requirements.
- Evaluate freight classifications and rates to ensure proper delivery of goods and correct vendor billing for services rendered.
- Administer forwarder scorecard assessment, monthly air market trends, and report out to senior management
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, including customs regulations and trade
- Conduct annual RFQ’s with Air forwarders
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Working knowledge of Air cargo forwarding and Air courier (UPS/FDX/DHL) logistics.
- Familiarity with airfreight regulations, customs requirements, and import/export controls
- Experience with leading air cargo logistics software and systems. Infor Nexus a plus.
- Proven data analysis and presentation skills.
- Strong communication, analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing business environment.
- Experience collecting, compiling, and analyzing data as well presenting findings based upon facts and research
- Must have ability to work independently, multi-task, be a self-starter and team player, and be available to support unique operational needs (i.e. after hours, peak season, and special projects) as required
- Working knowledge of SAP and related tools. Power BI or related analytics tools a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS or BA degree (Supply Chain/Logistics, Operations preferred).
- At least 5-7 years of experience in freight forwarding, logistics, or a related field is preferred
- Prior experience in air imports or exports mandatory
- Experience with contractually-driven performance against service level agreements (SLA’s) in transportation or freight forwarding, either as a supplier of services or as a customer.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diverse backgrounds and experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. We look forward to learning more about you.