Jack Wolfskin, a global eco-performance apparel, footwear and equipment brand, was founded in 1981 on the tenants of product sustainability, performance and quality. The company is now one of the major suppliers of outdoor products across the world with a versatile portfolio of smartly- and sustainably-engineered technologies, including its popular Texapore group of materials. Jack Wolfskin is headquartered in Idstein, Germany, and is expanding to North America with an office opening in Park City, Utah.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, in the following
- Conducting internal Social Responsibility Audits as directed by corporate management.
- Assisting contracted auditing firms with Social Responsibility audits, as directed by corporate management.
- Conducting visits to supplier facilities to confirm that Corrective Action Plan (CAP) requirements have been implemented satisfactorily.
- Notifying suppliers regarding delinquent replies to CAP compliance requests; conducts personal visits to supplier facilities and meets with the supplier management team to encourage and ensure CAP compliance.
- Follow up on social audits done by Fair Wear or Summations.
- Screenings of potential new supplier by site audit.
- Support for implementing Social Responsibility projects, example, living wage projects.
- To help in case of complaints by being present in the factory and do mediation with the help from Head Quarter in Germany.
- Support Superiors for relevant task and project, and any task direct from management
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Ability to work in international environment and structure.
- Adaptable to a dynamic environment.
- Have a sustainable mindset and positive attitude.
- Travel, domestic and international as required by business needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing or similar with professional experience in a comparable position
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in social audits, ideally employed by an international audit organization or by European or US brands
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese (written and spoken).
- Ability in speaking and written Khmer is a strong plus. Knowledge of other languages in Southeast Asia and South Asia will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of audit protocols, such as Fair wear, WRAP, SEDEX, SA-8000, and C-TPAT, is a strong plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office Programs, Good excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to influence others with a positive attitude.
- Develop collaborative working relationships.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- Frequent standing and walking for extended periods.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Use office equipment, including a computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business-related machines and software.