Callaway Golf is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Sr. Global Trade Compliance Specialist supports the import and Customs clearance of goods North America and other global locations. Responsible for the research and assignment of applicable harmonized tariff system codes for product imported and exported to include apparel, sporting goods, footwear and accessories. The incumbent also works independently to obtain and distill financial, distribution, logistics, and Customs clearance documentation to support special trade programs and audit.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using knowledge of the General Rules of Interpretation and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, independently assigns proper classifications to all products locally and globally.
- Research prior rulings in Customs online system (CROSS) for applicable prior rulings for similar merchandise
- Partners with product managers to ensure the information required for classification is received timely and complete.
- Maintains global Harmonized Tariff Schedule classification database to include changes in classification, documentation, and Customs ruling support.
- Ensures that all systems are updated with regional HTS information for applicable products.
- Distribution of classification database to brokers and regions.
- Monitor broker compliance and adherence to corporate procedures and classification database.
- Audit of import documentation to ensure HTS classification, value, and products entered are declared correctly.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Advanced knowledge of HTS Classification for apparel, footwear, sporting goods and accessories.
- Strong knowledge US Customs regulations required with ability to interpret and apply government regulations
- Knowledge of Customs systems, CROSS (online rulings database), ACE (import database), and AES (automated export system).
- Ability to transform large volumes of data into easily understood reports and formats.
- Strong analytical as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to work independently to resolve problems and deliver required results with little supervision.
- Willing to take additional levels of responsibility as required.
- Project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years previous experience required, to include apparel and footwear industry experience.
- Customs Brokerage and/or Global Trade Compliance Department experience preferred.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diverse backgrounds and experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. We look forward to learning more about you.