The Principal Financial Analyst will partner with select divisional and subsidiary finance teams across the organization on financial planning, reporting, and analysis. Primary responsibilities include ensuring accurate and reasonable forecasts are submitted through financial planning systems for total company consolidation, delivering complete and accurate management reporting, and serving as a role model and resource on all financial planning and reporting software. Success in this role is reliant on building strong working relationships with colleagues across the organization and attaining expert level knowledge of divisional operations and financials. Must collaborate with the corporate financial systems group to support total company planning and reporting consolidation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide financial support to assigned business units, with heavy focus on financial planning and reporting
- Support global monthly close and forecast cycles, as well as annual budgeting processes.
- Ensure key financial reporting is complete and accurate; validate and troubleshoot variances as needed.
- Prepare financial slide decks for Monthly Business Review (MBR) meetings.
- Support the Financial Systems team with maintenance, consolidations, and other tasks as needed.
- Review and process capital funding requests (CFRs) from assigned divisions, and support global CAPEX reporting and tracking.
- Provide quarterly financial reporting and Board Meeting support as needed.
- Work with business leaders to create and continuously refine tools and reports, and provide information to help make well-informed decisions and recommendations.
- Research general journal entries, accruals, and other transactional postings to identify variances to plan.
- Develop and maintain documentation of the FP&A group’s major processes.
- Identify and improve operational inefficiencies within current processes to enhance overall group effectiveness.
- Deliver ad-hoc reporting and analytics to support key projects and business initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (including Macros, VBA, and complex formulas).
- Intermediate knowledge of Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable working with large data sets.
- Strong knowledge of financial statements and the impact of foreign currency exchange rate fluctuations.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, and problem-solving skills.
- Able work independently, multi-task, be a self-starter, and be team player.
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting deadlines.
- Aptitude for continuous improvement.
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability discuss complex accounting, finance, and financial systems related subjects with non-finance personnel.
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and collaborate with others in cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication, presentation and reporting skills; ability to influence others.
- Comfort and confidence with presenting data to Senior Management.
- Experienced user of SAP ERP software, including Financial Accounting (FI) and Controlling (CO) modules.
- Intermediate understanding of information system logic preferred.
- Experience with SAP Analytics Cloud a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Computer Science, or related area; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of Accounting and/or Finance experience, with heavy emphasis in financial modeling, analysis, and reporting.
- FP&A and systems experience for a large international manufacturer/distributor within the consumer goods industry, preferred.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diverse backgrounds and experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. We look forward to learning more about you.