The Player Assistant assures guests have an exceptional golf experience by offering customer service throughout their visit, monitoring the pace of play for all groups on the course, and creating a safe play environment by protecting roped-off areas and driving the course to look for potential hazards. This position reports to the Head Golf Professional
- Check in with the Head Golf Professional to learn about the day’s activities, events, golf course conditions, and specific information about the course needed by the players.
- Maintain a friendly and enthusiastic social presence with introductions.
- Monitor the course to make sure players observe golf course and golf cart rules.
- Coordinate the flow of play on the course. Ride the golf course backwards to check if there are gaps or if a group is holding up play. If there is a problem with the pace of play, inform the slow guest or group of the need to pick up the pace.
- When there is time between supporting players, maintain cleanliness of the course
- Communicate with the Guest Service Attendant, First Tee Hosts, Golf Shop staff, and other team members throughout the day to learn of any schedule changes or other information to assist in providing a safe and enjoyable experience for the players.
- Be aware of safety requirements and report unsafe conditions or accidents to supervisor.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.