The USGA is a mission-based nonprofit organization whose purpose is to unify the game, showcase the best talent in golf, provide impartial governance and advance our impact on critical issues such as sustainability, accessibility and inclusion. We conduct the U.S. Open, the U.S. Women’s Open and 13 other national championships at America’s iconic golf venues. The USGA’s headquarters is located in Liberty Corner, N.J., with a new satellite Golf House Pinehurst campus scheduled to open in Dec. 2023. For more, visit usga.org.
About this role:
The product manager is responsible for maintaining the product roadmap, conducting competitive analysis, being the voice of the customer internally and leading a cross functional team to deliver products that meet business objectives. They are excellent problem solvers who can clearly communicate the product roadmap to a broad range of stakeholders. This role will be working on the development of our GS3 and DEACON product line.
What you'll do:
- Maintain the product roadmap based on our organizational strategy to achieve key metrics.
- Work with Engineering Manager(s) to define technical direction, timeline, and budget to meet the product roadmap.
- Conduct competitive analysis to understand the overall market.
- Own voice of the customer internally through conducting user interviews and reviewing notes from sales & customers success teams
- Maintain extensive documentation of the product including requirements and metrics.
- Maintain knowledge of technology trends and best practices in the industry
- Assist Senior Product Manager(s) and Director Product in creation of business cases and Product Strategy
- Create product release notes and internal training documents to support Success & Sales teams
- Assist Sales team in Product Demo’s winning Key Accounts
- Assist Customer Success team on support questions that need to be elevated.
Where you'll be:
This role will be based at our Liberty Corner, NJ campus on a hybrid schedule. Employees are expected to spend 3 days per week working in the office, between Monday - Thursday.
What you bring:
- B.S in Engineering, Math, Business, or related field OR 10+ Years of Experience with technical products
- 3-5 Years’ experience working in a product management role for consumer products, preferably software.
- Strong analytics skills to complement product sense.
- Experience with data analytics tools such as SQL, Tableau or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interest or experience in golf, golf maintenance or agricultural fields
What the USGA brings:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a zero cost medical plan offered for all full-time employees
- Retirement plans, with up to 10% annual USGA contribution
- Suite of programs to promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being
- Generous bank of paid time off, plus the week between Christmas and New Years Day off
- Off-site team building events
- Professional development opportunities
The USGA is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization believes we are stronger by embracing our diverse backgrounds and perspectives, promoting equity so all teammates can excel and grow in their careers, and fostering experiences to drive inclusion in our workplace and game. Golf is a game for everyone, and you are always welcome.