The USGA is a mission-based nonprofit organization whose purpose is to unify the game, showcase the best talent in golf, provide impartial governance and advance our impact on critical issues such as sustainability, accessibility and inclusion. We conduct the U.S. Open, the U.S. Women’s Open and 13 other national championships at America’s iconic golf venues. The USGA’s headquarters is located in Liberty Corner, N.J., with a new satellite Golf House Pinehurst campus scheduled to open in Dec. 2023. For more, visit usga.org.
About this role:
Manage all U.S. Open operational requirements for Golf House based USGA departments. Develop and formalize best practices for annual onsite Corporate Partners, Communications, Admissions, Marketing and Merchandise programs.
What you'll do:
- Annually plan and execute onsite U.S. Open Corporate Partner activations and develop best practices program for onsite activations. Manage advanced site visits with partnerships department and their respective vendors. Integrate partnerships requirements into vendor scopes and execution timeline.
- Coordinate with USGA Communications department to oversee Media facility construction. Manage advanced site visits with Communications team and integrate requirements into vendor scopes and timelines. Serve as onsite contact for Communications during championship week.
Develop best practices program for Communications facilities and critical timelines to be used as a planning resource in future years.
- Annually plan and execute onsite Merchandise facilities. Work with USGA Merchandise department and their vendors to determine onsite facility requirements, both on the interior & exterior, of the Merchandise Pavilion(s). Integrate the requirements into operations vendors scopes and timelines. Build a best practices program to be used moving forward for new apparel outfitter, Peter Millar, who will be providing all interior fixtures within the Merchandise Pavilions.
- Annually plan and execute onsite marketing activations and signage requirements. Work with USGA Marketing department and their agencies to determine onsite facility requirements (i.e. USGA Museum/Experience) and integrate into operations vendor scopes and timelines.
Work with the Sr. Director of Operations on the brand implementation into U.S. Open signage program.
- Manage onsite facility and equipment requirements for various USGA staff departments, including but not limited to Rules, Executive, Legal, HR, Finance & Digital Media. Additionally, create a U.S. Open Staff Guide as a primary resource for all USGA employees who will travel to work onsite at the U.S. Open. Collaborate with various Championship team members to gather appropriate data and information to include and distribute to USGA staff in advance of their arrival to site.
- Assist with management, oversight and training for U.S. Open Operations Manager(s) & Coordinator(s) as well as serve as primary point of contact for some operational vendors.
- Assist the USGA Admissions & Championship Office staff with the planning and execution of admissions facilities on-site which include all admission gates, will call(s), and all wristband distribution areas. Coordinate operational needs (i.e. telecom, tent/flooring, etc.) with respective Open Championship Vendors to ensure a smooth and efficient build.
Where you'll be:
This role will be based in Pinehurst, NC but will require frequent travel to U.S. Open Championship sites. Employee is expected to spend 5 days per week working in the office.
What you bring:
- Extensive expertise in Championship Operations and logistic, with a proven track record in organizing and managing large scale events.
- Proficiency in various design and layout software applications, enabling the creating of detailed event plans and materials.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal, with the capability to present information in a clear, concise, and efficient manner.
- Commitment to maintaining high standards of customer service and relationship management, ensuring a positive experience for stakeholders.
What the USGA brings:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a zero cost medical plan offered for all full-time employees
- Retirement plans, with up to 10% annual USGA contribution
- Suite of programs to promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being
- Generous bank of paid time off, plus the week between Christmas and New Years Day off
- Off-site team building events
- Professional development opportunities
The USGA is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization believes we are stronger by embracing our diverse backgrounds and perspectives, promoting equity so all teammates can excel and grow in their careers, and fostering experiences to drive inclusion in our workplace and game. Golf is a game for everyone, and you are always welcome.