The USGA is a mission-based nonprofit organization whose purpose is to unify the game, showcase the best talent in golf, provide impartial governance and advance our impact on critical issues such as sustainability, accessibility and inclusion. We conduct the U.S. Open, the U.S. Women’s Open and 13 other national championships at America’s iconic golf venues. The USGA’s headquarters is located in Liberty Corner, N.J., with a new satellite Golf House Pinehurst campus scheduled to open in Dec. 2023. For more, visit usga.org.
About this role:
The Manager, Business Insights and Analytics will manage the analysis, measurement, reporting and forecasting of key metrics for the USGA’s digital products, social media platforms and commercial success (e.g. ticket sales). This role will be instrumental in contextualizing data to inform stakeholders, influence strategic planning and ultimately drive business decisions. This position will be engaged on ad hoc projects as well as daily/weekly/monthly measurement, reporting and forecasting of key metrics for the USGA’s digital platform.
What you’ll do:
Using a combination of analytics tools this person will prepare, analyze and deliver performance reports that inform content, product and other critical business functions.
The following is a sample set of reports distributed on a daily, weekly, monthly or ad hoc basis:
- USGA digital analytics dashboard
- Social media reports for USGA, U.S. Open, and U.S. Women’s Open handles
- Monthly top content reports for web and social
- Department specific reports (i.e. Rules and Museum)
- Championship specific reports for web and social
- Comparative analysis reports
- Championship ticket sales reports
- Design and implement web and mobile analytics tracking requirements within Adobe Analytics to enable performance measurement, in-product features, traffic channels, and success of marketing campaigns.
- Lead SEO efforts by analyzing content and keyword data to help inform search strategy and best practices across usga.org, usopen.com, and uswomensopen.com.
- Provide guidance and analytical expertise to commercial departments working with third party platforms (e.g. USGA Shop) to help interpret and consolidate data. Initiate new reports and case studies that help inform business decisions
- Assist in the creation of championship specific and year-end digital recaps for USGA corporate partners.
Where you’ll be:
This role will be based at our Liberty Corner, NJ campus on a hybrid schedule. Employees are expected to spend 3 days per week working in the office, between Monday - Thursday.
What you bring:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 5 years of relevant analytics experience; focus on Adobe Analytics and Social Platforms
- Experience with Adobe Analytics; if experience with the platform is limited, training will be required
- Experience with social media analytics tools
- Experience using Tableau a plus
- Analytical mind with the ability to analyze and interpret data to tell a story and create actionable insights
- Strong experience working in Microsoft Excel & Power Point
- Good interpersonal skills and strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task
- High level of business curiosity
- Adobe Analytics
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Google Ad Manager
- iTunes Connect
- Apple Search Ads
- Google Play Store
- YouTube Studio Manager
What the USGA brings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a zero-cost medical plan offered for all full-time employees
- Retirement plans, with up to 10% annual USGA contribution
- Suite of programs to promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being
- Generous bank of paid time off, plus the week between Christmas and New Years Day off
- Off-site team building events
- On-site gym and golf simulator
- Professional development opportunities
The USGA is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization believes we are stronger by embracing our diverse backgrounds and perspectives, promoting equity so all teammates can excel and grow in their careers, and fostering experiences to drive inclusion in our workplace and game. Golf is a game for everyone, and you are always welcome.