The USGA is a mission-based nonprofit organization whose purpose is to unify the game, showcase the best talent in golf, provide impartial governance and advance our impact on critical issues such as sustainability, accessibility and inclusion. We conduct the U.S. Open, the U.S. Women’s Open and 13 other national championships at America’s iconic golf venues. The USGA’s headquarters is located in Liberty Corner, N.J., with a new satellite Golf House Pinehurst campus scheduled to open in Dec. 2023. For more, visit usga.org.
About this role:
- The Director, Facilities will plan and direct the day-to-day operations of the building, ensuring that the facilities function safely, efficiently, and with minimal issues. The Director serves as primary liaison and communications lead for all operations at our New Jersey campus, including formulating policies, processes, and ensuring compliance. The Director also utilizes sound business practices to identify efficiencies, with an eye on reducing operating costs and improving productivity and quality of services.
What you'll do:
- Facilities Management
- Manage and oversee facilities operations and maintenance, ensuring all assets and systems function efficiently, safely, securely and in a manner consistent with existing regulations and standards. Lead a team of in-house staff and contractors providing effective facilities maintenance with a high level of customer satisfaction. Maintain the highest level of aesthetic appearance both inside and outside of all facilities by walking and inspecting the facility regularly. Improve, develop and implement processes, procedures and policy to ensure consistency and high performance. Ensure high customer satisfaction and oversee the room reservation process and provide setups and support for events. Maintain a working knowledge of all MEP equipment.
- Financial Management
- Develop and maintain an annual operating budget and capital plan. Manage the budget to plan and provide monthly variance reports and explanations. Provide periodic forecasts to plan. Develop and maintain a 5-year operating and capital forecast. Ensure all service contracts are in place and efficiently managed. Generate business cases for projects as needed. Lead a sustainability and business continuity program.
- Capital Maintenance
- Develop, plan and execute capital maintenance projects. Prepare RFP’s for consultants and contractors and work with procurement to prepare bid packages. Provide leadership and manage all design and construction activity to ensure that projects adhere to budget and schedule while meeting all requirements and specifications. Secure any and all governmental and statutory approvals as required.
- Provide reporting and communication. Be highly visible and constantly interact with the USGA staff and executives to obtain feedback and understand any issues. Send out periodic Campus updates keeping the USGA staff informed of activity. Maintain and track key performance indicators, (KPI’s), to demonstrate the performance of the Campus Operations group. Generate and distribute reports, (i.e. budget variance, occupancy plan, energy consumption, KPI’s, etc.). on a regular basis.
- Provide leadership to the in-house and contracted staff. Ensure that staff and contractors have the necessary training, skills and direction to consistently perform at the highest levels. Conduct regular meetings reviewing performance and keeping staff informed.
Where you'll be:
- This role will be based at our Liberty Corner, NJ campus.
What you bring:
- Bachelors degree in Facilities or Construction Management, or related field, preferred.
- 10+ years of Facilities Management experience with campus of similar size/complexity.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Building engineering, and other corporate operational systems.
- Managing a departmental budget, plus project budgets of varying sizes.
- Managing direct reports.
- Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
What the USGA brings:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a zero cost medical plan offered for all full-time employees
- Retirement plans, with up to 10% annual USGA contribution
- Suite of programs to promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being
- Generous bank of paid time off, plus the week between Christmas and New Years Day off
- Off-site team building events
- On-site gym and golf simulator
- Professional development opportunities
The USGA is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization believes we are stronger by embracing our diverse backgrounds and perspectives, promoting equity so all teammates can excel and grow in their careers, and fostering experiences to drive inclusion in our workplace and game. Golf is a game for everyone, and you are always welcome.