The USGA is a mission-based nonprofit organization whose purpose is to unify the game, showcase the best talent in golf, provide impartial governance and advance our impact on critical issues such as sustainability, accessibility and inclusion. We conduct the U.S. Open, the U.S. Women’s Open and 13 other national championships at America’s iconic golf venues. The USGA’s headquarters is located in Liberty Corner, N.J., with a new satellite Golf House Pinehurst campus scheduled to open in Dec. 2023. For more, visit usga.org.
About this role:
The Building Technician will lead and provide maintenance and repairs of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, generator, fire and life safety, carpentry, painting, and other building systems as well as utilize Facility Computerized Maintenance Software Program and related applications. This individual will also provide responsive, high-quality customer service and create and maintain vendor partnerships. The Building Technician is also responsible for assisting with the buildings day-to-day operations and conducting various tasks to ensure that the facility functions without problems.
What you'll do:
- Satisfactorily complete, and repeat or accelerate, as needed, basic and introductory training objectives to facilitate support of HVAC, boiler, fire and safety, electrical and generator operations. Review all equipment, furnishings, appliance manuals for care and maintenance schedules. Assist with planning and implementing maintenance operations and procedures. Regularly inspect all building systems and equipment to insure they are performing and operating as designed. Coordinate both planned, as needed, and/or emergency services and repairs.
- Conduct daily facility and grounds inspections. Develop and maintain check list for conducting daily, weekly, monthly, annual facility and grounds inspections and coordinate implementation within Computer Facility Management software system. Conduct or facilitate preventive maintenance and cleaning, as scheduled.
- Assist in the administration of all service contracts such as janitorial and cleaning, trash removal, pest control, grounds, irrigation, first aid cabinets, fire and life safety, state and regional statutory testing, etc. Ensure all pertinent documents, certificates of insurance, W-9’s, safety data sheets, etc., are on file. Monitor vendor and systems performance to demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels.
- Maintain good inventory of stock in the pantries, lounges and restrooms, etc. Track supply inventory and place orders as needed.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and occupant satisfaction by ensuring the interior buildings and exterior building envelops and location grounds are clean, well-maintain, well-organized and free of defects and debris.
- During inspections, ask occupants about our services, the environment and address concerns. Utilizing the Computerized Facility Management system, efficiently implement corrective maintenance repairs, work orders and close out on time.
- Assist with the room reservation process and provide setups and catering for events and meetings. Follow policies and procedures to ensure smooth operations.
- Assist in maintaining a real time occupancy database and forecast. Implement moves, adds and changes and small projects as required. Assist in managing record retention / shredding. Assist with storage space and content management needs.
- Provide general assistance to Welcome Center and Merchandise as needed. Provide Shipping and Receiving / Mailroom assistance as needed.
- Assist in the management the operating budget at or below plan and assist in providing monthly variance reporting and explanations.
- Assist in establishing, tracking and reporting on key performance indicators to demonstrate optimal facility performance.
- Maintain vendor database for all support and emergency services.
Where you'll be:
- This role will be based at our new headquarters in Pinehurst, North Carolina, scheduled to open in Dec. 2023.
What you bring:
- Extensive knowledge of building systems such as plumbing, electrical, and HVAC.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify issues and determine repairs that are needed.
- Ability to plan maintenance schedules for building systems.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 5yrs maintenance experience required
- Must be able to traverse property and facility to diagnose building issues and plan repairs or maintenance.
- Must be physically able to perform repairs when needed.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds at a time.
What the USGA brings:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a zero cost medical plan offered for all full-time employees
- Retirement plans, with up to 10% annual USGA contribution
- Suite of programs to promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being
- Generous bank of paid time off, plus the week between Christmas and New Years Day off
- Off-site team building events
- Professional development opportunities
The USGA is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization believes we are stronger by embracing our diverse backgrounds and perspectives, promoting equity so all teammates can excel and grow in their careers, and fostering experiences to drive inclusion in our workplace and game. Golf is a game for everyone, and you are always welcome.