The Paid Media Associate Manager is primarily responsible for the day-to-day planning, execution and reporting of TaylorMade’s paid media campaigns. In this role, you will be working closely with both our external agencies responsible for media planning and creative work, as well as our internal marketing teams to optimize our paid media strategies. Reporting to the Senior Director, Media, this individual will work alongside our endemic media partners and our media agency to effectively plan, launch, manage and report on our key advertising campaigns to the support product launches and brand campaigns.
Although the role will primarily be focused on media impact in the US market, the position will also liaise with our regional teams across the globe to understand their media campaigns locally and provide cohesive global reporting on our media efforts. This role requires a deep understanding of US paid advertising platforms and channels, endemic and non-endemic partner capabilities, as well as an appreciation for how media provides value to our company.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
Paid Media Strategy:
- Participate in creation of annual and seasonal paid media plans alongside our internal and external partners and aligned with marketing strategy.
- Manage weekly/monthly check-ins with our media agency to adjust campaigns according and react to reporting and insights gained
- Manage the day-to-day contact with our core paid media partners across endemic and non-endemic areas
- Be the conduit to our media and creative agencies to ensure our product and brand media goals are being effectively communicated
- Prepare and present media plans to a variety of stakeholders from the Executive Team to HQ Marketing Teams and also Regional Marketing teams
- Responsible for the creation of and tracking of endemic media partnerships and contracts to realize their full potential and make recommendations for future campaign partners
- Develop annual media briefs and consumer segmentation plans alongside the Senior Director, Media and our Consumer Insights Team
- Liaise with Go-To-Market teams on new product launches, campaign goals, messaging structure and communication platforms
- Manage the execution of the product and brand campaigns providing regular reporting on their top-funnel objectives, as well as any downstream impact lower down the funnel
- Ensure the media agency is fully briefed on the category goals, creative impact and effectiveness, as well as our non-paid media effectiveness in areas like earned media, social media and owned media
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, algorithm changes, and emerging advertising technologies to ensure our campaigns remain competitive
- Create regular reports and present to the wider marketing teams on new media opportunities arising for the company to take advantage
- Maintain a strong understanding of the golf industry, competitive landscape and products to position TaylorMade product offerings in front of golfers during key moments of the golf season
Budget Management :
- Manage the day-to-day paid media budget alongside the media agency and provide regular reporting to our finance teams for forecast and planning purposes
- Track and manage media partnerships and contracts alongside the media agency buys and plans
Reporting & Analytics:
- Responsible for the tracking and reporting of our paid media performance alongside our media agency and Analytics Team
- Align with our Regional Teams on paid media KPIs and frequency of reporting back to HQ
- Work with the Analytics Team to track the downstream impact of media and it’s primary and secondary objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Media, Marketing, Business, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in managing consumer brand media campaigns either in-house or at with a media agency
- Solid understanding of the sports media landscape across multiple platforms and channels
- Familiarity with media planning across TV, OTT/CTV, digital and other channels
- Experience in building media presentations and delivering to a wider array of audiences, including at the Executive level
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Excellent verbal, visual/presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and provide actionable insights
- A creative mindset with a focus on generating innovative advertising idea
- Demonstrated success in managing vendors, agencies and budgets
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize against core objectives to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional teams to collaborate and provide critical insight into timelines and media needs
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies quickly
- Creative problem solver with a demonstrated open-minded approach to identifying solutions
- Experience with both Mac OS and Office 365 / Teams software and environments
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Primarily office environment
- Ability to work extended hours/weekends as needed.
- Domestic travel & occasional international travel required
TaylorMade is a performance driven organization and our total rewards approach to compensation is designed to support this. We consider many factors in determining base compensation, including position scope, job related knowledge, education, skills, experience, and work location. The expected annual base pay range for this position is $70,000 - $76,000. Additional benefits, such as health & wellness, performance bonuses, product discounts, holidays, paid time off, etc. may also be offered in accordance with our plans.
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.