This designer will work alongside a team of digital designers to assist project & product managers, developers, and internal stakeholders in the exploration, conception, prototyping, presentation, and production of media across all our global e-commerce web sites. They will practice the art of visual storytelling to bring new products, ideas and digital features to life.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Create graphic imagery, user interfaces, icons, animations, and layouts for use in projects, product development/implementation and maintenance-support.
- Utilize Digital Asset Management to source images quickly and find solutions to design processes.
- Understand video/image compression techniques to find a balance between size and quality.
- Work with marketing/product team members to manipulate photo assets and create unique designs, and interactive prototypes for new product launches, site features and e-mail campaigns.
- Work closely with development team to ensure proper execution of design requirements and technical challenges/requirements.
- Present visual design directions to design teams and stakeholders.
- Translate sitemaps, wireframes, and other architectural documents, as needed, based on firm understanding of UI and navigation planning.
- Establish, evolve, and maintain creative standards, style guide and web templates.
- Design flows and experiences that are simple, responsive, and elegant across devices.
- Work with internal teams, freelance teams, and agencies on projects as directed.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment while collaborating with diverse teams.
- Portfolio of work showcasing samples of design for web and mobile web sites.
- Ability to create artistic graphics and photo collages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have a strong understanding of category navigation and overall site taxonomies in the e-commerce space.
- Have design-forward thinking that ensures you stay ahead of industry design standards and trends.
- A team player who can work independently but communicates often.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems.
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
- Must have design sensibility, with a user-centered focus.
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow established design guidelines.
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- A bachelor (or higher) degree or equivalent training in Graphic Design, Web Design or Digital Media.
- 5+ years’ experience in UX/UI Design or Web Design
- Strong experience in e-commerce design; current trends and best practices
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite and other design tools (primarily Photoshop and XD)
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Normal office conditions with consistent computer usage
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials
TaylorMade is a performance driven organization and our total rewards approach to compensation is designed to support this. We consider many factors in determining base compensation, including position scope, job related knowledge, education, skills, experience, and work location. The expected annual base pay range for this position is $80,000 - $90,000. Additional benefits, such as health & wellness, performance bonuses, product discounts, holidays, paid time off, etc. may also be offered in accordance with our plans.
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.