The Maintenance Technician provides maintenance services for ball engineering operations, including visual technology machinery at the Liberty Ball Plant facility. This role conducts preventative and corrective maintenance activities to optimize productive resources available and ensure minimal downtime. This position is also responsible for aiding with process and controls engineering to sustain productivity plant-wide. Reports directly to Senior Controls Engineer.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Perform hands on maintenance and production supportive activities on ball machinery equipment according to standard guidelines.
- Install, maintain, and repair manufacturing equipment and fixtures and update/maintain related records for all equipment.
- Ensure assigned repairs and maintenance are completed in a thorough and timely manner.
- Provide controls and automation support related to but not limited equipment upkeep, improvement, trials, etc.
- Conduct technical inspections of machines and document reports accordingly.
- Conduct preventative maintenance activities according to schedule and documents reports.
- Support installation of new machines and production equipment, including creating documentation.
- Troubleshoot equipment performance issues and facilitate repair.
- Fabricate custom fixtures, tooling and machinery from engineering drawings, rough sketches, or manuals.
- Order and maintain spare parts inventory.
- May assist in the design, development, and improvement of new and existing equipment.
- Perform work in accordance with sound safety practices.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Good mechanical understanding of manufacturing equipment, machines and precision measuring instruments and devices
- Skilled use of hand and power tools, milling machines, lathes, and band saws
- Ability to conceptualize, design, modify custom/pre-existing equipment for retrofitting purposes.
- Ability to use digital multimeter, and programming/troubleshooting PLCs
- Basic understanding of electrical/electronic troubleshooting
- Mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of AC and DC electrical circuits and troubleshooting of same
- Ability to service equipment and machines schedule by a preventative maintenance software system to ensure maximum operating efficiency.
- An analytical mind with strong math skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, communication, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills necessary to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Project)
- Knowledge of CAD programming is a plus.
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- High School diploma required. Technical trade school diploma or certificate in mechanical maintenance/repair or closely related field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in maintenance of manufacturing related equipment
- 1-3 years of experience using milling machines, lathes, and band saws
- Basic knowledge of PLC, servo, drives, HMI operations
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Normal office, manufacturing, and industrial laboratory conditions
- Exposure to fumes, solvent, dirt, dust, and noise
- May be exposed to changing temperature conditions
- Physically able to lift 50+ lbs. May move machinery or equipment
- Ability to work with hands
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, and perform routine tasks as required
- Must be able to work weekends and/or overtime if required. Flexibility with various shift support as needed.
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.