The Planning & Purchasing role independently manages the demand planning, supply planning & purchasing of apparel and accessories with a keen focus on best in class on time delivery and fulfillment. The incumbent will play a critical role in the support and creation of the demand plan, supply plan and overall line architecture while tracking delivery to the TaylorMade warehouse. Responsibilities include building and managing planning tools, building SKU plans directly tied to financial plans and product strategies, building and communicating sell-in/thru reports on a monthly, seasonal, annual cadence and owning the entire Open To Buy process. This individual will be expected to appropriately assess supply-demand situations and be able to make recommendations to optimize revenue and service targets. The ability to gauge risk-reward scenarios and optimize outcomes is a key attribute for this role.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Aggregates channel forecasts & develops reports to support line planning & cross-functional analysis.
- Builds bottoms up forecast at product category, style, color and size detail that aligns with revenue targets.
- Incorporates historical data and market intelligence to support findings which in turn drives strategic decisions pertaining to business segments, customers, and merchandising.
- Analyzes seasonal forecasts monthly and adjust, where necessary.
- Represents forecasting in monthly meetings with cross-functional business departments.
- Identifies distressed inventory and prepares reports outlining sources of excess.
- Responsible for development and monthly plan of global supply (buy) utilizing monthly style level forecast, color analysis, and input from cross-functional teams including sales and merchandising teams.
- Partners with TaylorMade Liaison offices on managing open orders and delivery timing to effectively service the apparel business while managing inventory to be in line with the financial plan.
- Works with commercial team to develop buys based upon established lead times and minimum order quantities. Communicates no-buy or minimum not met with sales and product to resolve concerns.
- Effectively plans inventory through analysis of days of inventory vs. targets and manages obsolete and excess inventory levels to plan.
- Create purchase orders and distribute to global manufacturers.
- Act as the corporate liaison between Merchandising & factories to authorize production readiness.
- Finalize systemic pricing, shipping dates, and customer requirements for ticketing, labeling, packaging, etc.
- Weekly WIP tracking & communication of receipts to greater organization through S&OP & systemic updates.
- Monitor third party product testing and factory approvals as needed prior to shipment of goods.
- Work with 3rd party ticketing and trim suppliers to order trims & VAS tickets to meet customer specifications.
- Maintain on-going dialogue with sales, product development, customer service and logistics departments.
- Create/Monitor action plans to expedite merchandise and maintain optimum inventory levels..
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong Excel and data management skills required.
- Knowledge of MRP software.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and constructive cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to work across teams and manage priorities to accomplish multiple tasks is required.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, evaluate, and effectively present ideas and concepts.
- Proven analytical skills, with good understanding of math and statistics.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to attend to multiple concurrent priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Passion for sports required, with passion/interest/knowledge for golf strongly preferred.
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, Finance, Statistics, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in scheduling/planning, inventory management, or production/material control.
- Experience with MRP systems (Oracle and Planning Central) preferred.
- Experience with repetitive Just-In-Time (JIT) systems preferred.
- Golf &/or Apparel industry knowledge/experience strongly preferred.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Normal office conditions with heavy phone and computer use
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary
- Able to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials
- Ability to travel domestically 10% of the time
TaylorMade is a performance driven organization and our total rewards approach to compensation is designed to support this. We consider many factors in determining base compensation, including position scope, job related knowledge, education, skills, experience, and work location. The expected annual base pay range for this position is $90,000 - $100,000. Additional benefits, such as health & wellness, performance bonuses, product discounts, holidays, paid time off, etc. may also be offered in accordance with our plans.
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.