Cart Attendant, Part Time
We're hiring a Part Time Cart Attendant at St. Johns Golf & Country Club!
Whether you’re just kickstarting your career or have a long-standing passion for customer service and working with people, there’s an exciting new opportunity for you at St. Johns Golf & Country Club. Gain first-hand, in-depth customer service experience and engage with outdoorsmen from all over. Whether you’re in need of a part-time side hustle or just starting out, this is the perfect opportunity to seize the moment and develop lasting skills and relationships.
Ideal candidates are customer service-oriented, friendly, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. Cart Attendants attend to the golf cart fleet and driving range, ensuring all carts are cleaned, fueled, and ready for use. Beginners are welcome – while knowledge of golf is preferred, previous Cart Attendant experience is not required for the position.
Ideal candidates have flexible schedules with availability to work weekends, holidays, and golf season, as needed.
Our team has made a conscious effort to ensure strong protocols are in place to keep you and our patrons safe, on and off the course, so you can focus on the customer experience, camaraderie, and course management.
For more information on our open opportunities, apply today!
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Bringing carts from the cart barn in the morning and returning carts to the cart barn at the end of the day
- Cleaning, fueling, and checking carts after each use
- Clean and maintain cart barn
- Ensure the carts are available for player use at all times
- Receive and communicate complaints to the Pro Shop
- Work closely with Pro Shop staff to prepare for and conduct golf tournament
- Implement and support all course policies and programs as communicated by management
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have strong customer/guest orientation
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be dependable
- Must have friendly personality and enjoy working with the public
- Ability to learn and enforce course policies, rules, and regulations
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
- Working knowledge of the rules of golf is preferred
- While performing the required duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with arms and hands
- The employee often is required to walk, stand, talk or hear, handle, feel or operate objects
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30lbs occasionally
- The employee will occasionally be required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception
- Moderate exposure to extreme cold, heat, working outdoors, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards
- Exposure to pollens and dust
- Noise level is moderately quiet
- Work extended hours during golf and holiday season
- Work weekends and holidays