St Johns Golf and Country Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Assistant Golf Professional. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
The First Assistant Golf Professional will be involved in every aspect of the Golf Operation at St Johns Golf and Country Club. The busy calendar of Member Events will require an individual that is highly organized and detail-oriented. The First Assistant Professional will also be expected to be a team player willing to assist in all areas of the Golf Operation. The individual must have an engaging and warm personality and have an appreciation for customer service at its highest level.
Key Responsibilities of the Associate Golf Professional:
- Spread hospitality and goodwill among all members, guests, and fellow staff.
- Welcome all members and guests in the golf shop and around the club; anticipate and assist
in their daily needs.
- Play golf with the membership on a regular basis.
- Knowledge of Golf Genius is a bonus
- Assist with Tournament Operations including planning, promotion, course set-up, scoring,
prize distribution, and follow-up.
- Understand the entire operation thoroughly.
- Assist with coordinating golf activities with other club departments
- Follow and address Alpine Country Club rules and regulations when needed.
- Golf Operation’s policies and procedures.
- Assist the Director of Golf in training all staff members.
- Instruct private lessons, group clinics, and junior clinics.
- Coordinate daily play and manage golf course pace of play
- Assist golf shop manager with displaying and maintaining golf shop merchandise.
- Assist with all duties related to outside services.
- This position is designed to train and educate the Assistant to excel in the golf industry. • Assist in Club Repair
- Manage opening and closing procedures of the Golf Operation when needed.
Minimum Qualifications for the Associate Golf Professional:
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited university and/or PGM program; 3 years private club experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.