The Clubs at St. James is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Assistant Golf Professional. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service. Sign-in Bonus $200
- Assists in administering all point of sales application revisions and needs as it applies to green fee sales, merchandise sales, and member/guest billing. Coordinates with Accounting Departments all policy and procedure revisions, updates, and implementation.
- Reconciles daily tee sheets, performs check-in, and receives payments from members and guests. Resolves discrepancies as it applies to duplicate charges and over or under payment. Tracks all force posts and no show charges as applicable.
- Promotes all club golf activities.
- Maintains a clean, orderly, and well-stocked golf shop. Assists retail buyer with procurement and merchandise and shop assistants with merchandising and sales.
- Prepares for all golf outings including coordinating scorecards, cart labels, rules sheets, score sheets, format sheets, favors, pairing sheets and hole assignments.
- Assists with associate training.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associate’s degree (AA); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Regularly stands, walks and sits. Occasionally climbs or balances; stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches. Frequently uses hands; reaches with hands and arms. Frequently talks or hears; tastes or smells. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally works in wet or humid conditions (non-weather). Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is moderate.
- Ability to read and speak English is required in order to perform the duties of the job
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with computerized POS and tee time system.