Peddie Golf Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Assistant Golf Professional. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
The First Assistant Golf Professional position is essential to ensuring the day-to-day golf operations runs smooth and providing exceptional customer service to Native Oaks Golf Club’s guests. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, serving guests in a courteous and professional manner, prioritizing assignments, handling multiple tasks, and working independently or as part of a team. The position will report to the Head Golf Professional and indirectly to the General Manager.
Pay: $50,000 / year
Key Responsibilities as First Assistant Golf Professional:
• Provide a professional and an exceptional customer service presence on the course, practice facility, and in the golf shop.
• Assists Head Golf Professional with golf operations including tournaments, rules, tee sheet activity, merchandise inventory, range operations, player service operations, and cart fleet.
• Assists in the preparation with work schedules and assigns associates areas of responsibility.
• Provides leadership and vision to golf staff, building people, and preparing them for career advancement.
• Provide golf instruction through lessons and clinics to members and guests.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve member satisfaction.
• Act as a role model for all employees by demonstrating the behavior and work ethic expected of all employees.
• Ensures that all associates provide a high level of customer service.
• Supervise monthly inventory, ensuring accurate and timely inventory counts.
• Interprets and enforces the club’s rules and regulations and ensures that the outside services staff if familiar with and enforces these rules.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with computerized POS, Golf Genius, and tee time system.
• Work weekends, holidays and on occasion extended hours.
• Must be PGA member or have completed Level I of the PGM program.
• Regularly stands, walks, and sits. Occasionally climbs or balances; stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches. Frequently uses hands; reaches with hands and arms. Frequently talks or hears, tastes or smells. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.