We're hiring a Full Time, Head Golf Operations Professional in Hollister, CA at San Juan Oaks Golf Club.
San Juan Oaks Golf Club has built a reputation over the years as one of the top golfing, dining and event experiences in Northern California. In anticipation of a 1000 home master planned adult living community, the grounds and facilities closed for a renovation project in late 2021. After two years of planning and construction, the golf course is slated to open in early 2024. The final product from the renovation will include a new clubhouse featuring a state-of-the-art golf shop, multiple F&B outlets and a fully re-grassed and re-imagined course. Excitement and opportunity await at San Juan Oaks.
For more information, please visit: sanjuanoaks.com.
At Troon, we believe our Associates are our greatest strength and competitive advantage. To be an effective coach, a leader needs to understand the impact they have on others – their influence. Operations management focuses on carefully managing the processes to create the highest level of efficiency possible within an organization. We understand that leadership plays an important role running an operation compatible with the interests of members and their guests as well as club employees.
Ideal candidates are positive, able to work in small or large groups, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. As a Head Golf Operations Professional, you are a key member of the golf operations team at the property, managing all golf and golf-related activities at the facility. Previous golf industry experience is a requirement for the position.
Ideal candidates have flexible schedules and availability to work weekends and holidays, as needed. This includes competitive compensation ranging from $80,000 - $90,000 DOE
Our team has made a conscious effort to ensure strong protocols are in place to keep you and our patrons safe, on and off the property, so you can focus on the golfer experience and camaraderie.
For more information on our open opportunities, apply today!
- Plans, promotes, and directs all golf activities including management responsibilities on a daily basis
- Maintains an attractive and orderly appearance in the golf shop
- Supervises maintenance of golf cart fleet
- Provides golf lessons to facility patrons
- Interprets and imposes club policies, rules, and regulations
- Hires, trains, and supervises golf shop staff and outside services staff
- Conducts staff meetings with pro shop staff and outside services staff to ensure facility goals, objectives and standards are being met
- Creates annual budget plan for golf operations
- Manages inventory of merchandise in the pro shop and the outside service equipment
- Directs and promotes golf operation safety program
- Must have strong computer skills – Word, Excel, POS, and Tee Sheet Management (Club Caddie)
- Must have skill to exercise good independent judgment in assessing situations and making decisions
- Must have the ability to hire and develop a motivated golf staff
- Must be highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong customer/guest skills
- Must have solid supervisory and leadership skills
Education and Experience Requirements
- PGA Membership or PGA registered apprentice in good standing
- College Degree (PGM) preferred
- Must have 3-5 years golf industry experience
- Must have experience in golf operations management and a demonstrated ability to run a professional, efficient, high quality, service-oriented golf operation
- Must have knowledge of budgeting and expense management
- Experience in golf instruction
- Experience building player development programs
- Experience conducting golf outings/events
- Regularly required to reach with arms and hands
- Often required to walk, stand, talk or hear, handle, feel or operate objects
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30lbs occasionally
- Occasionally be required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception
- Moderate exposure to extreme cold, heat, working outdoors, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards
- Exposure to pollens and dust
- Noise level is moderately quiet
- Work extended hours during golf and holiday season
- Work weekends and holidays
Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world’s largest professional club management company. We offer careers around the world at all levels of golf operations, opportunities for professional development, growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Our goal is to create extraordinary guest and member experiences through personalized service, consistency, and uncompromising attention to detail. For more information about the Troon Experience, please visit https://www.troon.com/.