The Hideout is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Head Golf Professional at a new, unique cutting-edge golf facility. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
Key Responsibilities of the Head Golf Professional:
- Oversees golf operations including tournaments, rules, tee sheet activity, merchandise inventory, range operations, player service operations, cart fleet, and may assist with supervising other club operations.
- Assists in the development and day to day tracking of the budget and business plan. Helps to control expenses in relation to revenues.
- Creates a customer service-oriented atmosphere that promotes the game of golf and meets the needs of the members. Ensures that associates provide a high level of customer service.
- Works closely with the General Manager and other T36 Department Heads on a daily basis to ensure timely communication and to establish a good working relationship.
- Prepares work schedules and assigns associates areas of responsibility for all golf staff.
- Responsible for Data Capture / Data Collection of golfing guests and potential customers utilizing Troon Rewards and/or other club defined data collection processes.
- Performs payroll tasks as scheduled and makes adjustments prior to submitting to payroll. Monitors hours to maximize productivity and minimize overtime.
- Provides leadership and vision to golf staff, building people, and preparing them for career advancement.
- Work with Department team in producing and exposing social media content on a regular basis.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provide golf instruction through lessons and clinics to members and guests.
- Manages department members that may include but is not limited to: Assistant and Associate Golf Professionals, Teaching Professionals, Tournament Coordinator, and Guest Services Attendants.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance and performs other duties as required.
- Class A member of PGA/LPGA
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training.
- Experience with Electronic Tee Time Systems and data processing software.
- Excellent written and oral communication.